Portable Hot Water System

Started by Redoverfarm, December 02, 2008, 07:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

I ran across this today and thought that some of you might be interested.  It would be a good system for a weekend stay and everything is portable. 

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=477229

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

I think we should link the Sportman's Guide to the referral links. 

I bought two pairs of logger boots there - one for about $45 and the other for about $35 and a 100w solar charge control for $13.47 and a Gerber Machete with a saw on the back for $19 or so and bullets ...and...and...

The boots were the quality of $150 boots here - no doubt about it.

OMG..... Spike is killing me.  He has very bad wind -- think he may have to go outside....  [yuk]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Redoverfarm

Probably would be a good idea Glenn.   Every once in a while I find some pretty good bargins.  My Dad turned me onto it when he ordered a pair of Russian Binoculars for $29.  Good quality.  I didn't order them and they came out with a Clearance of $19 so I jumped on them.  Shouldn't have bought that many pairs but I have many friends I think. ;D

I often read on the forum of people wanting something other than a pan on the stove to heat water for small places used on the weekend so when I saw it I thought of them.

davidj

Quote from: Redoverfarm on December 02, 2008, 07:29:08 PM
I ran across this today and thought that some of you might be interested.  It would be a good system for a weekend stay and everything is portable. 

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=477229

I'm pretty sure this is the Eccotemp L5 and L10 - www.eccotemp.com has more details.  We've got the L5 and have been pretty happy with it, although the original shower hose was useless and needed replacing (with any generic cheap one).  It gets the water from the well up to shower temperature although at a fairly low flow (but definitely enough to get clean).  Having a hot shower after a hard day's working on the cabin really improves the whole experience, especially in the Spring and Fall when it's not so warm at the end of the day.  And its cheap to run - I don't think we've changed the tank yet.  We're even thinking of upgrading to the L10 for the shower and moving the L5 to the kitchen (mostly Lisa's idea - probably trying to keep the improvements in the kitchen and bathroom up with  my ever-growing tool collection!).

MikeT

I just use the camping showers.  I heat up water using one of those aluminum coffee urns that they use for big events, then transfer it to the camping shower.  Easy.  Cheap.  Before I had temporary power and the urn, I used a big boiling pot and transferred the water using a big funnel.

mt