for the praying folks.. a moment for my mom?

Started by muldoon, January 17, 2012, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muldoon

I would like to ask for a brief prayer for my mom, she has a history of heart problems and went back into the emergency room last night with another heart attack.  She was moved to a private room today but just moved back to ICU and put back on oxygen just a bit ago.  I'm pretty upset right now but she could use all the prayers she can get. 

firefox

I'm not much on formal prayer, but you have my heartfelt thoughts for your moms recovery.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Gary O

As Bruce, I don't 'pray', but man I've had some close to God thoughts, and they are with you and your Mom, Muldoon, you betcha.
Been there, and that next step
I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson

ChuckinVa

Father I lift Muldoon's Mother up right now. Please give her comfort and  take away any pain she might be having .Guide the Dr's Lord, that they might make the right decisions in her care. I also pray for Muldoon, give him the strength he needs to be there for his family. Let him lean on you during this time of uncertainty and know that he is not alone. I ask these things in Jesus name. Amen.
ChuckinVa
Authentic Appalachian American

Sassy

My thoughts & prayers are w/your mom, you & your family, Muldoon. 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

sparks

May peace be with you and your family Muldoon

sparks
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

Woodsrule

Gary O

Quote from: muldoon on January 17, 2012, 07:06:33 PM
I would like to ask for a brief prayer for my mom, she has a history of heart problems and went back into the emergency room last night with another heart attack.  She was moved to a private room today but just moved back to ICU and put back on oxygen just a bit ago.  I'm pretty upset right now but she could use all the prayers she can get.

muldoon
If you've got the time, how's yer mom?
Gary O'
I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson

muldoon

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. 

My Mom is back home from the hospital.

Just a touch of background, she has a decade of heart problems with multiple cardiac arrests.  She has a pacemaker and a defibrillator in her chest that went off late last week because her heart was pumping too fast.  She has 100% blockage in the artery in the back of her heart, and a clot in her leg that is blocking an artery.  The 100% blockage is an area that they cannot work on due to location and the past damage that has been done - apparently there is just nothing there to work with. 

She was discharged on Saturday night from the first hospital she was admitted to (contrary to what the doctor told me on Friday about keeping her until Tuesday).  She came home and after being home a few hours had chest pains again but refused to go back to the hospital in Pasadena.  We took her to Clear Lake St. Luke, where she had been until last night.  Her regular doctor came to this hospital and she is to go see him on Wednesday.  From my talk with him there are some new medical options that are in trials and she is a good candidate for them.  One is a titanium stint and the second is possibly stem-cell research injection project.  She meets with the Boston Scientific folks this week to talk about those.  Not quite out of the woods, but stable and hopeful. 

It's been a bumpy ride and I do sincerely thank all of those who offered positive thoughts and words of prayer for us. 

waggin

Sounds like she has a proactive doctor, and I hope there will be some help there.  Regardless, it's a difficult situation; I offer my best wishes to her as well as you and your family.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. (Red Green)

peternap

Glad to hear it Muldoon.
I don't think any of us are ever cured, we just get more time. That's all that counts!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

muldoon

Thank you guys again.  I know it sounds funny, but this forum is like friends and family to me and I appreciate the support here. 

firefox

Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

StinkerBell

Sassy

Back when my mom was having problems, cardiac catherization was still experimental.  Now they do it all the time & put the stents in to keep the vessels open. 

My mom's doc was proactive & she was able to have the procedure done (balloon angioplasty - now they place the titanium stents which work a lot better. 

My prayers are for you mom's continued recovery, Muldoon.
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free