flashing for waste drain, corrugated roofing

Started by reverendxlt, February 24, 2008, 03:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reverendxlt

This is probably a simple answer, but try as I might  :)  d*, I have not seen a product that will easily flash the waste drain vents in my corrugated roof... Any suggestions/suppliers that anyone has used? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Redoverfarm

reverendxlt they make a regualr metal roofing "boot". Whether it be step type or corrugated it will work. Basicly it is a rubber(1/4" thick) that is reinforced with metal strapping(alum).  You just bend to fit the style roof and screw in place.  The manufacturers do not recommend chaulking but I would especially on the outside of the seal at the top portion of the boot( just in case). Just make sure you get the right size to fit over the waste line.

reverendxlt

Thanks, Redover, that is exactly what I was wondering. I appreciate your help  [cool]

MountainDon

Those boots are available from most metal roofing suppliers and come in all sizes up to and including sizes large enough to accommodate 8" insulated wood stove chimneys.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.