when to start your build thread?

Started by duncanshannon, April 18, 2011, 07:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duncanshannon

Hi-

I'm toying with the idea of starting my build thread now... even tho I dont plan to build for a couple years.  We purchased land this year, purchased plans and am have plenty of planning to do.  I'm thinking about starting my thread now to capture some of the planning and questions between now and then.

any thoughts about when to start?  is it too early?

duncan
Home: Minneapolis, MN area.  Land: (no cabin yet) Spooner, WI area.  Plan: 20x34 1 1/2 Story. Experience Level: n00b. 
Build Thread: http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=10784.0

MountainDon

No time like the present to start asking questions.  Remeber diagrams are very good when there is any doubt
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

muldoon

I started mine when I reached my "no going back" phase. 

MushCreek

I've been reading here for several years, but haven't started my build thread yet. I'm hoping to actually break ground this summer, and that's when I'll start a build thread. As muldoon put it- When I've reached the 'no going back' phase. Meanwhile you can float all sorts of design and construction ideas. I'm hoping my build thread will be chronological archive of the actual build.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.