My biggest Bear made it through the winter

Started by peternap, April 07, 2012, 07:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

It's been quiet. I got the bean fields planted and did some work on the addition, maintenance on the tractor, Etc.

I decided to take a few hours off and walk around the farm.

I went down by the river and walked about a mile and came across some bear tracks. That's not unusual. What was unusual is that they were 11 inches across.

It was my biggest bear and I hadn't seen her for months. I was afraid she had wandered off of the farm and someone had killed her.

A little later I got this...all 650 beautiful pounds of her!

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

NM_Shooter

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

peternap

I think she's too old now. She had cubs 4 years ago but not since. She should be having them every two years. she's 22 now according to the tag in her ear.

I do have a new yearling though. Looks like he just got kicked out of the nest. I may have some cubs soon. I still have two younger females I haven't seen for about a month.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

peternap

Sassy

Wow, she is BIG  :o  beautiful looking, tho.
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

peternap

I spent the day having Easter Dinner and chasing Ospreys, today

Sassy

Great shots of the osprey, Peter! 

A few months ago we rescued a young osprey down in the valley - some of the workers in the orchards were throwing things at it & mistreating it.  The poor thing was dehydrated & probably starving - don't know if it fell out of its nest.   Anyway, after it was nursed back to health, it was really friendly - would land on your hand or sit on your head.  It got out of the cage one day & now guards our place down there.  You can hear it all the time.  Really a neat bird!
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free