Another great FFA/4H night.

Started by Redoverfarm, March 09, 2013, 10:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

Tonight was the annual FFA/4H Ham, Bacon and Eggs sale.  Congratulations to my son and daughter.  My son took Grand Champion place for his ham and my daughter took Reserve Grand Champion place for her bacon.  The 27# ham sold for $25.00 a pound and the 6# bacon sold for $53.00 a pound.  In reward for their hard work raising their pig last year they earned a grand total $1,600 (minus the pig & feed).  With my son working at the feed mill I think he has developed the right formula for hog feed as it pertains to lean/fat ratio.  This will have been his third year in placing for his ham or bacon. Only my daughters 1st year but she is happy to have placed when there was several older children who did not do as well as her. 

MountainDon

Congrats to a proud Mom & Dad and two great kids. :) :) :)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Pine Cone

Congratulations!

Always nice when hard work pays off...  and at $25 for ham and $53 for bacon it certainly paid [cool]

Woodsrule

It is real nice to see and hear good news - the kids have bright futures indeed. Thanks for sharing.  [cool]

rick91351

Congratulations to the kids!  Glad they are doing so well. 

All of you treasure the moments. 

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.