A time for giving?????

Started by johnecash, November 23, 2011, 04:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnecash

Not for profits

As you open your pockets for the next natural disaster, please keep these facts in mind:

The American Red Cross President and CEO Marsha J. Evans salary for the year was $651,957, plus expenses and other perks!

The United Way President Brian Gallagher receives a $375,000 base salary along with numerous expense benefits.

UNICEF CEO Caryl M. Stern receives $1,200,000 per year (100k per month) plus all expenses including a ROLLS ROYCE !!  Less than 5 cents of your donated dollar goes to the cause!!

( THERE SHOULD BE A LAW AGAINIST THIS TYPE OF FRAUD !!). (Of course this is handled by the U.N. what else could you expect??)

The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization and 96 percent of donated dollars go to the cause.

The American Legion National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary.  100% of your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

No further comment should be necessary. Please share this with everyone you can

This is an old e-mail  ----- The names have changed but the game goes on >:(

-J.C.-

Woodsrule

Thanks for the info Johnny; I had heard what a ripoff that UNICEF and United Way were, but I didn't realize that the Red Cross pays an exorbitant salary as well. Happy Thanksgiving.

Squirl

http://snopes.com/politics/business/charities.asp

90% of the donations of two of the organizations, ARC and UNICEF goes to directly to charitable programs.

I am not a fan of the united way, it has one of the lower ratios and the highest salary.

The Salvation Armies CEO is in the hundreds of thousands too.  They also have a lower dollars to charitable expenses percentage (estimated in the 80%).  Since they are a religious organization, they are exempt from reporting requirements.

MountainDon

All year long is a time for giving; there is no season for being charitable.

Rather than take up space with just being critical how about this Forbes article from a couple years ago...

America's Most Efficient Charities

and this article...
200 Largest US Charities

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Quote from: MtnDon on November 23, 2011, 10:07:35 AM
All year long is a time for giving; there is no season for being charitable.

That's the second comment in two days from members here, that has reminded me there are still decent people left on earth!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Sassy

Thanks for posting that, MtnDon - good info...

Johnecash, I got that info via email a couple days ago.  Didn't check it out but I've heard negative things about UNCEF, the Red Cross & the other one, too. 

We just have to be careful what causes & who we support, to make sure it gets used properly.
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

firefox

We support Heifer International®, in fact we give a "gift donation in their honor" to our
friends and relatives as holiday gifts. Check them out, it is a gift that keeps on giving.

We also donate to the Wounded Warrior Project.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

Native_NM

http://www.unicefusa.org/about/faq/is-it-true-that-your-ceo.html

The UNICEF CEO only makes about $475,000 per year.  The Rolls Royce is just a pittance.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/salvation-army-salary.htm

The Salvation Army director makes more than $13K.

The head of United Way makes more than you indicated.

New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

peternap

As Don said, I try to do a little all year but mine is usually direct.
Earlier this year I've given to two separate elderly (pot calling the kettle black) people who were both sick and in danger of being evicted. Neither asked for help or knew where it came from.

I do look for something special around Christmas.

One year I saw a local news story about a kid that had worked after school for the last 3 months to buy presents for his family.  He was robbed at the bus stop the day he was going shopping (After school) I had the news people deliver an anonymous replacement for the money.

I don't like big charity though.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!