New member!

Started by Papa_Smurf, January 29, 2008, 09:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa_Smurf

Well I just joined this board today, and figured I would introduce myself.

Tell me a little about this place.     

I'm very familiar with forums, just not anything like this.

Redoverfarm

w* papa_smurf.  No you will not ever find any like this. A great place to get answers and problem solving.  I am on several other boards and usually call this one home.  Are you building anything? 

John

sparks

My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

Papa_Smurf

Quote from: Redoverfarm on January 29, 2008, 10:08:15 PM
w* papa_smurf.  No you will not ever find any like this. A great place to get answers and problem solving.  I am on several other boards and usually call this one home.  Are you building anything? 

John

Not currently, construction and such isn't new to me, but the tiny homes and compact living made a spark in my head. The first thing that got me inerested was an ad for Jamaica Cottage Shop.

glenn kangiser

Welcome to the forum, Papa Smurf.

So -- familiar with forums that are not like this one.  Would you mind telling us what you think is different about this one.  Many of us are still trying it figure it out.  [crz]  Thanks.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Papa_Smurf

Quote from: glenn kangiser on January 30, 2008, 12:00:50 AM
Welcome to the forum, Papa Smurf.

So -- familiar with forums that are not like this one.  Would you mind telling us what you think is different about this one.  Many of us are still trying it figure it out.  [crz]  Thanks.
I am a member of forums for: paintballers, airsmiths, metal plating, and machinists.

Also most of my forums use vBullieten software

ScottA

w* Papa Smurf. You mentioned you where a member of several other forums. Are you a member of any health clubs, political action groups or terrorist organizations? Did you or have you ever voted for G. W. Bush? If so would you do so again? Oh and...

Welcome to the forums.  ::)

StinkerBell

Welcome!

I am a vBull gal myself. :heh

oh yes and if anything goes wrong we all blame glenn.

peternap

Papa Smurf. You mentioned you where a member of several other forums. Are you a member of any health clubs, political action groups or terrorist organizations? Did you or have you ever voted for G. W. Bush? If so would you do so again? Oh and...

Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?

I am building the ever changing. timber framed, live in , off grid...Barn :)

Welcome to the forum John (lotta John's here)

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Papa_Smurf

Quote from: ScottA on January 30, 2008, 05:39:40 PM
w* Papa Smurf. You mentioned you where a member of several other forums. Are you a member of any health clubs, political action groups or terrorist organizations? Did you or have you ever voted for G. W. Bush? If so would you do so again? Oh and...

Welcome to the forums.  ::)

Health clubs-No.
Political Action Groups-nope.
terrorist org.-I gave that up a while back

Bush? Yes, remember, "Kerry wins, you LOOSE!"

glenn kangiser

It was a rigged  lose/lose situation, Papa Smurf - you couldn't help it.  Besides the vote tampering.  You didn't have a chance.

Don't listen to Stinkerbell -- she always picks on poor little ol' me.

...and regarding V-bulletin, we were YaBB and were losing data.  The jump to V-bulletin wasn't easy, but the SMF was easy and seems to work great.  I'm on a V-bulletin forum but maybe because of familiarity or maybe the way it's set up, I like this one better -- but still similar.

Smurf, hmm sounds familiar.  Do you know a gal named Snow White?... :-\ ... no that's not it -- it was Dwarf.... nevermind.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

Papa_Smurf

Quote from: peternap on January 30, 2008, 09:00:09 PM
Papa Smurf. You mentioned you where a member of several other forums. Are you a member of any health clubs, political action groups or terrorist organizations? Did you or have you ever voted for G. W. Bush? If so would you do so again? Oh and...

Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?

I am building the ever changing. timber framed, live in , off grid...Barn :)

Welcome to the forum John (lotta John's here)

Nah, none of that. You watch too much TV.

Papa_Smurf

Quote from: glenn kangiser on January 30, 2008, 10:20:41 PM
It was a rigged  lose/lose situation, Papa Smurf - you couldn't help it.  Besides the vote tampering.  You didn't have a chance.

Don't listen to Stinkerbell -- she always picks on poor little ol' me.

...and regarding V-bulletin, we were YaBB and were losing data.  The jump to V-bulletin wasn't easy, but the SMF was easy and seems to work great.  I'm on a V-bulletin forum but maybe because of familiarity or maybe the way it's set up, I like this one better -- but still similar.

Smurf, hmm sounds familiar.  Do you know a gal named Snow White?... :-\ ... no that's not it -- it was Dwarf.... nevermind.

Yeah, it's all in what you are used too. All my other forums are vBull, I'm used to it so my brain sorts this all out slower. It is similar however.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: StinkerBell on January 30, 2008, 10:30:17 PM
RED DWARF? ;D

I don't watch TV, Stink so haven't watched it.  I was just thinking of the 7 short guys that lived with Snow White.

StinkerBell

One woman living with seven men?

tsk tsk tsk tsk