Almost Got A Buck This Weekend

Started by MountainDon, November 03, 2008, 09:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

... and I wasn't even trying.   :D  I was zipping along FR 10B on the final approach to our mountain land (dirt road I know like the back of my hand so I tend to drive it faster than many others) Friday evening after dark when a buck ran across in front of me. I missed hitting him by maybe 25 feet I think.  :o

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

StinkerBell

Maybe it was a reindeer in disguise.

MountainDon

It happened so fast, it might be. It wasn't Rudolph though.  :D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

My wife was using my truck a few weeks ago and got one. Broke one of my Heller lights. She had to do it in MY truck. Noooooo, couldn't take her yuppie Landrover. She doesn't have any Heller lights to break! :-\
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Squirl

Might not be a bad thing.  I don't know what kind of truck you have, but if it is a nice one it would be a shame to get it messed up.  Just glad to see you are fine.

peternap

Quote from: Squirl on November 03, 2008, 09:38:42 PM
Might not be a bad thing.  I don't know what kind of truck you have, but if it is a nice one it would be a shame to get it messed up.  Just glad to see you are fine.

The Green Hornet doesn't have a scratch on it. ???
Chevrolet 2500 Silverado with a 6.5 Diesel.

Trailer Hitch custom built by yours truly, winch, Heller lights (One broken) Tool body loaded with all the necessities for overgrown children, gunrack inside, hard case outside, pistol ready rack on the hump, CB, 2 meter and marine radios, detachable cow catcher (Brush guard) again custom overbuilt on the front. Traditional peeling clear coat, power inverter and three, count em, three....cigarette lighters!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

I think you mean Hella ?  (don't mean to be critical)

The Cherokee has 2 rectangular ones up front.   :)  I never had them turned on.

peternap

Quote from: MountainDon on November 03, 2008, 10:08:46 PM
I think you mean Hella ?

The Cherokee has 2 up front.   :)

Your right. I should know better than to go by memory....I don't have one :(

I used to have two! >:(

MountainDon

They are good lights. I used to have Cibie, until their price went through the roof. I still have several mis-matched ones laying about here someplace.

peternap

You need to try your Hella's.
They are the most amazing lights I've ever had. Kind of like having death rays. :-\

MountainDon

Oh I do use them and agree they are super lights. I have a bad relay and need to replace it. (someday) It sticks in the on position, so it's actually been pulled out.
You have driving beams? Mine are fog pattern... best for trail lighting, IMO.

peternap

Quote from: MountainDon on November 03, 2008, 10:36:10 PM
Oh I do use them and agree they are super lights. I have a bad relay and need to replace it. (someday) It sticks in the on position, so it's actually been pulled out.
You have driving beams? Mine are fog pattern... best for trail lighting, IMO.

I do have driving beams but set these up as auxiliary driving lights. They're illegal but so far, no problems.

MountainDon

I used to have a round driving beam and a round pencil beam (one of each). I took them off as they interfer with the removable winch. The pencil beam would light up the next county. I also don't drive as fast as I used to anyways.

As far as illegal, you probably won't have a problem unless you shine them into the eyes of an approaching trooper.