Where in the world is Don

Started by Redoverfarm, June 05, 2008, 04:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

I would imagine that he has started on his cabin the holiday weekend.  I remember him posting something about leaving that weekend but I wasn't sure it was his cabin project or not. Wasn't going back through his last post o find out. I like surprises.  I guess if he is working on it that it will be just like Christmas when he gets back with all the photo's of his project.

Hey Willy he might even break your record. Nah he's already over the amount of time that it took you.

You would think that as high tech that he is he would have a satelite up link to let us know what he is doing.  Or even get our adice on "how to do" Ha.  ;)

glenn kangiser

Said he was taking a 10 day trip -- should be back soon.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

I took a trip. Of sorts.

The NM4W has an annual Memorial Day campout. So we started with that. Then went off to the mountain property that we have now named Camp Pinewood.

I slipped on a rock getting out of the Jeep on a steep uphill slope  d*, twisted/bruised my bad knee, dislocated my shoulder and had the door slam closed and smack my head real good against the rock rail.  Feels like this...  d* d* 

I didn't get any building done at all. I hobbled around here and there up in the mountains. We did some 4x4 trails, found some old logging trails I didn't know about before. We did a couple of those as those will become illegal when the FS gets done with their travel management plan.

I'm not supposed to use the arm for much for a while and watch the knee. (We had a doctor on the trip; club member). The head... well it's just a flesh wound now.  ;D 

Quote from: Redoverfarm on June 05, 2008, 04:58:25 PM
You would think that as high tech that he is he would have a satellite up link to let us know what he is doing.
I'm also cheap at times.   ;D  Someday we'll spring for an internet dish. But after the first couple of days I don't miss it too bad, not when there's other stuff to do up there.

I was collecting wind data for the first 4 days... then the data receiver quit talking to the computer program (via USB). Puzzling turn of events.  ??? Back here for a few days and will try to sort it out.

It snowed last night up there (just a dusting but very cold) and we were low on propane (from running the RV furnace) so we came home today instead of Sunday.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Well, speak of the devil...

I had two of the same units, Don and broke both of them -- probably my fault though -- I didn't want to climb the tower so wasn't real secure.  Reset or reboot might do it.  I had quite a bit of trouble but got enough info to figure it was worth it.

Sorry about the fall and head banging, Don d*

I changed to lace up high top boots because of similar luck with slip on western boots, and I needed grips for hiking anyway.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

John_C

Welcome back.  Sorry your trip was so eventful.

Sassy

:(  hope you heal real fast - sorry about the mishaps...  I guess things like that help us to slow down & see the things we may not have gotten to otherwise?  But what a way to do it.   :o
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Redoverfarm

Quote from: Redoverfarm on June 05, 2008, 04:58:25 PM
I remember him posting something about leaving that weekend but I wasn't sure it was his cabin project or not. Wasn't going back through his last post o find out./quote]

Sorry to hear of your mishap. Hope it didn't put too much of  a damper on your R&R. Heal up and get to work.   ;D