OBAMA WINS NOBEL PEACE PRIZE !!!

Started by Windpower, October 09, 2009, 09:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

Well, all I can say is

IT'S ABOUT TIME THAT HE IS RECOGNIZED FOR HIS LIFETIME ACCOMPLISHMENTS !!!

After all, in only 9 months in office:

He ended the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan

He saved the Palestinians from the slaughter in Gaza, and reconciled the Israel/Palestinian differences.

He has successfully brought Iran into agreement with the rest of the world.

He closed the Gitmo concentration camp.

He brought the US economy back to life and stopped the massive unemployment problem.

But most importantly he has bombed the moon for peace.

ALL HAIL OBAMA !

Maybe we can change the constitution and get him named ruler for life ---- of the world !

or not
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

NM_Shooter

That does it.

I am officially requesting that I be removed from consideration for all future Nobel Peace prize awards. 
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

ScottA

Atleast he didn't sign a deal with Nike.  ;D

StinkerBell

His nomination was made only after 11 days in office. January 31st was the deadline.

Woodsrule

Maybe the real reason is the peace he caused as a result of the Beer Summit? ???

MushCreek

It was announced today that he also won next season's American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, and ironically, The Biggest Loser.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

StinkerBell

The President winning the nobel peace prize can be compaired to Milli Vanilli winning their Grammy....

ScottA

sparks

Quote from: ScottA on October 09, 2009, 07:06:20 PM
Who's milli Vanilli?

Two hip-hop characters that got nailed for lip synching a live event and then held up to ridicule.
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

StinkerBell

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblog...re_passe_1.asp

Meet the People Who Were Passed Over for Obama

Sima Samar, women's rights activist in Afghanistan: "With dogged persistence and at great personal risk, she kept her schools and clinics open in Afghanistan even during the most repressive days of the Taliban regime, whose laws prohibited the education of girls past the age of eight. When the Taliban fell, Samar returned to Kabul and accepted the post of Minister for Women's Affairs."

Ingrid Betancourt: French-Colombian ex-hostage held for six years.

Handicap International and Cluster Munition Coalition: "These organizations are recognized for their consistently serious efforts to clean up cluster bombs, also known as land mines. Innocent civilians are regularly killed worldwide because the unseen bombs explode when stepped upon."

"Hu Jia, a human rights activist and an outspoken critic of the Chinese government, who was sentenced last year to a three-and-a-half-year prison term for 'inciting subversion of state power.'"

"Wei Jingsheng, who spent 17 years in Chinese prisons for urging reforms of China's communist system. He now lives in the United States."

"Dr. Denis Mukwege: Doctor, founder and head of Panzi Hospital in Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo. He has dedicated his life to helping Congolese women and girls who are victims of gang rape and brutal sexual violence." (more at link)

I guess thinking about peaceful things trumps actual deeds any day

glenn kangiser

Sorry I didn't comment on this earlier.  When it was first posted I thought it was some kind of sick joke.

I saw it in the paper yesterday while in town and it really happened. hmm

Well - I still think it is some kind of a sick joke. [waiting]

I think you are right about Milli Vanilli, Stinky.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

NM_Shooter

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

bayview

Quote from: StinkerBell on October 09, 2009, 12:57:02 PM
His nomination was made only after 11 days in office. January 31st was the deadline.

Showing what a farce this really is!  Probably won't end up with a happy ending though . . .

"farce"   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farce

/
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

glenn kangiser

I like the article, Frank.  I don't view it as a hate article, which it is not.  Just a reasonable statement of facts about non-accomplishments and unearned awards.

They have just taken all credibility from the Nobel Peace Prize --- if it ever had any.

Note... I do not hate anybody.... I don't think... I may despise some people and do not like most politicians....but I don't actually hate them... at least I don't think so... Note to NSA.... I'm harmless... really..... I just don't like some groups of people.... I wouldn't get physical... and I don't really want to stand in either the red or the blue line, thank you.........  [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.