Drive to Our Cabin Through the Forest

Started by MountainDon, June 25, 2011, 12:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Last week on the day of my doctor appointment my Flip HD Video pocket size camera arrived. What better thing as a first project than to record the drive on the forest road to the cabin. At least I couldn't think of anything better to do and it was more fun than reflecting on the doctor visit.  :D

So here it is. I cut a few sections out to make it fit into the 10 minute photobucket rule. And I had to reduce file size / quality so it could upload in less than a day. And I forgot to fade or flip or whatever at the cuts so they are simple rough cuts except for the final where I joined two separate files. It is just under 10 minutes; be warned. My Jeep doesn't seem that noisy inside when I drive, but on the other hand it is no cushy boulevard cruiser and the forest road is gravel or plain dirt and sees a minimal amount of maintenance.

I also note that I should clean the windshield before trying that again. Click image to start in photobucket.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

John Raabe

None of us are as smart as all of us.

OlJarhead

Nice video :)  And your jeep sounds about like mine bu maybe a little quieter!  Perhaps my Banks header and flowmasters along with Rusty's TB spacer and K&N don't help.

Did you say you had 4.5" of lift?

MountainDon

Rubicon Express 4.5 kit with National rear leafs custom made to the weight
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

Your windshield looks like mine  :D  Nice to be able to see the terrain & your nice looking cabin & site.  Lots of trees!  BTW, how much rain did you get this past season?
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

MountainDon

We have not had any recordable amount of rain yet this year. The snow was short quite a bit too. The forest is locked down as of Friday. We landowners can access our properties with our keys