20x 32 1 1/2 story

Started by skiwest, November 19, 2007, 06:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiwest

Well its not owner built anymore other than floor down but here are the latest pics

With the pony wall the space in the loft is all pretty useable.  was going to be 20x 24 but decided to put another row of piers in.

C.White

Wow!  What a view!  
I really like the design incorporating all of those windows in the front and those big beam supports.
Great place.  Please keep sending in pictures for us to see.

Where is it?
Christina

skiwest

Thanks, the windows were a fluke, went in to buy seconds and returns and built to suit windows that we bought.  Those big windows in peak were $.20 on dollar so were a great deal.  I guessed that they would just fit.  Well they did just but after a 2' pony wall was added to design.  Got all but 2 windows from off the floor.

Windows go in this week.

Its north of Golden in BC.

mldrenen

beautiful.  i really can't think of anything so far that i don't like.  cabin looks great, and the view is breathtaking.  be sure to keep us posted.

MountainDon

Wow! What a great place for a cabin! And the cabin looks great too, Love that front end with the beams.

Year round access?

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

skiwest

Quote from: MountainDon on November 19, 2007, 05:09:14 PM
Wow! What a great place for a cabin! And the cabin looks great too, Love that front end with the beams.

Year round access?

Thanks, access is very good as only 5 minutes from trans canada highway. Though there is lots of snow to clear from driveway. No road noise or any like that other than a distant train whissle.  Actually views like that are 360deg its only the trees in the way. Positioned cabin so center line in between two mountains.  Other good view to left but still have to cut down afew trees.  If build again, though turned out so nice probably not unless lottery in picture, would build on other side of clearing and get views up valley.  Septic field would allow great view of a very large mountain that has some snow until July and starts getting a dusting in late Aug.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Wow, what a view.  Nice house, too... gonna look great with all those windows.

skiwest

Sorry messed up link so reposting

skiwest

skiwest

MountainDon

Nice looking wood / timbers. Good joints too!
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

Beautiful home, beautiful area  [cool]
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free