The BIG enchilada

Started by supershrpy, August 18, 2011, 10:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supershrpy

I bought the big enchilada house plans (14x24, 12x18, and 10x14).

I live in east tn. i will be posting more pics soon. and will be able to get video as well.

I pretty much followed the plan except i'm turning the 10x14 into a screened in porch. It is on block foundation so i can easily make it a room in the future. when finished it will be vinyl siding and black shingled roof. 

for the 12x18 I made that into a bedroom w/ a walk in closet (and washer and dryer in there). The closet is connected to the bathroom - through a door as well. The kitchen and bathroom have been flip flopped from original plans.

you can go to my server and download view of houseplans.

http://www.how2bodybuild.com/houseplans.pdf

and the picture of the house:

any questions let me know... allen

glenn kangiser

Nice, Allen.  I also got the Enchilada plans and modified them for building my old car garage.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Southern Steve

Plan looks nice.   Are the mechanicals in the crawlspace?   Outside entry to that?

supershrpy

thanks glenn!

yeah I got 2 openings. one for crawl space and other for heating air unit. but, i think i may go w/ natural gas wall heaters. one in bedroom and one in living room. and ductless wall air conditioners in both as wall (dual unit).

i have a video i put on youtube to get a better idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPMChplr19o

supershrpy

here is a finished pic...

EDIT, That was a huge image. I made it display smaller to be easier to view online with the screen setting most folks use. _MD

rick91351

When I started lurking here a few years ago I fell in love with two plans.  Yours and the Victoria Cottage.  I bought The Big Enchilada plans and played with them some.  I then put them up.  Recently when our idea of doing a 2300 sq ft house sort of soured.  And some long discussions we pulled them back out.  So now we are doing a take off of  this plan currently.

Do you have any more pictures and changes?  We widened it out a little and arranged the bed room a little different.  Not as much depth and a little wider.  I left out the closet at this point in time in favor of maybe an armoire and a high boy chest of drawers.

The sun room will not be a shed roof but with a truss roof with gable end.  It will have a pine corner nook as shown in the Feb/March 2012 FineHomebulding mag.  With the storage drawers below.   It would include a ceiling high pantry.  Most likely a propane hot water heater and furnace which I think will require outside service.  It would also have room for a washer and dryer with a little pushing.  We feel we need a small covered porch off that room with a place to store a little chilly morning firewood and a bench to change shoes.

The main dwelling or core, the Builders Cottage, I told the engineer and his draftsman it has a sleeping loft over the kitchen / bath.  I love it - I hate it.  We may kill it.  He says he likes the idea initially.  Let him have some time with it.                 

We want to do a porch sort of like pinecones out the front.  I hope pinecone is okay I stole a picture of his.

A great place to sit and look at the scenery, chat and write.  The grandkids can sleep there in the three main seasons it will be used.  Only see limited winter use.    But would also offer a great place to stack a lot of winter fire wood if we choose to stay there a lot in the winter. 

Any ideas or change please let me know, we will be going past the point of no return very soon afar as drawings!

Thanks
Rick 91351

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.