Slideshow of our progress last year

Started by Ernest_T._Bass, March 16, 2007, 10:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernest_T._Bass

This is for all of you sitting around with nothing better to do. ;)
http://www.home-n-stead.com/about/blog_files/category-11.html

With this nice early spring we hope to be making good headway finishing the interior soon!

Andrew

jraabe

Thanks Andrew:

Very interesting project and a great little movie... :)

Here's a preview:

Nice work! (and looks like you had some good help)

John

glenn-k

Beautiful home and family, Andrew.  Thanks for sharing.   :)

That was one really intense group participation project.  Looks like everyone had a job and wanted to get it done.

Ernest_T._Bass

Thanks, everyone! I can't take credit for the family, though. That was my parents doing. ;)

glenn-k

You can take credit for being a part of it.  Some families have a hard time working together -- looks like you all agreed that you had a common goal and all wanted to be a part of accomplishing that goal.  That is great. :)

While you are supposed to respect your parents, it is my belief that parents need to earn the respect of their children.  When they have done that it makes cooperation on a family project much easier to attain.

Respect is a bit funny sometimes.  It has to be earned no matter who you are.  It cannot be demanded.  It cannot be mandated.

littlegirlgo

WOW! FAbulous!! Great house, great family project.

chatycady

Magnificant! What exactly is the "red" mud?

Ernest_T._Bass

It is our cob mix that we use in place of the conventional cement mortar used by most cordwood masons. It's a little different than typical cob.. Very short fibers, and more moist. We refer to it as "glob cob."

MountainDon

That's a nice record of the construction. I also  had a look thru your blog; liked it.   :)

Amanda_931

Yes, yes.  

Nice use of photos compressed to the point that they look altered too
(although maybe some were).

Ernest_T._Bass

No intentional alterations... Just trying to get it to load ASAP. People are impatient and don't like to wait 45 minutes for some pics to load. :)

Which is why we don't have a 56k connection anymore....

Amanda_931

I get to pack the laptop into town to find anything better.  So I really did appreciate the small files.

glenn-k

Good to think of people with dialup, Ernest T. Bass. :)  .... unlike some of us with DSL who forget that not everyone has it. :-/