Seattle remodel

Started by diyfrank, July 25, 2009, 08:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diyfrank

Heres some pictures of a remodel I've been working on this week. They have pretty much gutted this house and still have more to remove. It gets tji floor joist and new trusses, so not much will be left except for the old crappy foundation.  The house is being extended about 17' in the back and widened 3'. The addition will be 18" lower as well. The company doing the remodel did the green house next to this one and will look similar when done. It's tight to work in with only 10' between houses. I'm doing the excavating and demo on the foundation.  I thought it might be interesting to watch the progress.  

Just getting started on the footing grade after 10 loads of export.

And a short video shot by my driver.
Home is where you make it

rocking23nf

looks like a major reno, If it was me I would have tore the whole thing down and rebuilt.
Seems like alot of work for 3 feet of width.

diyfrank

I would agree.
It does get lengthened 17' also. I had to ask why When I seen what they were doing. I was told some people love there homes and will spend the money to make it like new and the way they want.

Its an extreme make over.
Home is where you make it

rwanders

:o  The most ominous words during any remodel-----" Might as well do that while we're at it."
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

PEG688

There could be some odd / PITA  local rule , code , etc that makes full removal and a total rebuild impossible. Set back issues, car parking , you name it, someones made some rule to stop some one else from doing what they want on thier own "rented" land. 

Of course it could be just what you stated.

When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .