Woman's paid off home stolen by the Sherriff and courts in MO

Started by Windpower, May 15, 2009, 08:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

Windpower

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

peternap

That's real upsetting....if it's true.
I haven't verified anything yet and that's important. I can't begin to count the number of fake or staged reports thhat have come out of the survival community.

That's a shame too because all that does is make everyone look foolish.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

pagan

She has a letter from her bank saying her property was paid off but she has never claimed to have paid the mortgage in full. All I see is her waving the letter around saying the bank told her it was paid. Is this simply a letter from her bank explaining her mortgage was "paid in full" because it was sold to Wachovia that she is now trying to use to get out of paying what she owes to the new mortgage holder?

NM_Shooter

Quote from: pagancelt on May 15, 2009, 11:04:25 AM
She has a letter from her bank saying her property was paid off but she has never claimed to have paid the mortgage in full. All I see is her waving the letter around saying the bank told her it was paid. Is this simply a letter from her bank explaining her mortgage was "paid in full" because it was sold to Wachovia that she is now trying to use to get out of paying what she owes to the new mortgage holder?

That's what I read into the story too.... she received a letter from her lender indicating that the mortgage was transferred and that it was paid in full to the first lender, who now has no right to lien.  The second company still owns her note.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

MountainDon

A quick Google on her comes with a few stories, most of which come from the Paranoid School of Journalism leaving out salient facts as far as I can tell. It does appear that the mortgage went from one bank to another as so frequently occurs. The woman is playing games trying to get her 15 minutes of fame.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

ScottA

I don't belive her story. If she had infact paid off her mortgage she would have gotten a mortgage release to file with her county clerk. Without a valid mortgage on file I seriously doubt the bank could complete a forclosure. A letter is not a mortgage release.