Half a flying H

Started by peternap, March 09, 2009, 08:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I've been meaning to post this for a while.

For those of you that need to crosscut large beams or poles an need precision, here is the half flying H. It acts like the shoe on a Skilsaw and allows you to cut on the line with a good deal of control. A full flying H has the angle iron on both sides but I found I couldn't see the cut as well.

One more dedicated saw ???

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Peter I had enough trouble with the Alaskan  Sawmill.  Chainsaws, metal and me are usually not compatable. ;D

Did you have to use two bolts to keep it from pivoting?

peternap

Quote from: Redoverfarm on March 09, 2009, 08:53:25 PM
Peter I had enough trouble with the Alaskan  Sawmill.  Chainsaws, metal and me are usually not compatable. ;D

Did you have to use two bolts to keep it from pivoting?

Yep...two bolts and a washer on each one to space it from the chain..
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Ernest T. Bass

That looks handy! Drilling through a bar is really tough if you don't have a serious press, though.. We made a jig for squaring logs and it took at least a half hour to make those holes..

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

diyfrank

I have a few old bars, I may give that a whirl. [chainsaw]
Home is where you make it