The REAL ID

Started by Sassy, March 03, 2007, 01:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassy

A little update on the Real ID Act   http://www.gopusa.com/news/2008/march/0304_id_law.shtml
What do ya'll think about it?
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

tanya

I am pretty sure I can't afford it. What will happen to me?
Peresrverance, persistance and passion, keys to the good life.

glenn kangiser

I am boycotting all airlines until this Nazi requirement is dropped or they go bankrupt.  Likely neither will happen but it's just the principle.

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Redoverfarm

I think that if they really wanted to beef up security as it pertains to aircraft then their airports should be the first place to start not with the people that fly.  In a couple recent undercover investigations any "joe Blow" citizen could board via employee area or even be in a restricted area without any checks.  They need to clean their own house before they tell me how to clean mine.

benevolance

i could care less if I ever boarded a plane...

This is just a bully threatening to beat the crap out of the smaller kids...If all the small kids team up the bully is finished.

If 4 or 5 states refuse to participate in the real ID program it will not be long before the wheels fall off of this thing

Willy

Quote from: benevolance on March 04, 2008, 03:36:28 PM
i could care less if I ever boarded a plane...

This is just a bully threatening to beat the crap out of the smaller kids...If all the small kids team up the bully is finished.

If 4 or 5 states refuse to participate in the real ID program it will not be long before the wheels fall off of this thing
The last time I flew was in 2002 I went to So. California from Washington State. When I went thru the check point they X-Rayed my carry on back pack. This was my hiking pack and I forgot to take out 2-25 rd boxes of 9MM Black Tallons out of a pouch. Well they saw them and took me aside to look further. I told them they could look better no problem with me. You should have seem my face when he pulled those out! I talked my way out of it but they kept the ammo and stayed with me till I boarded the plane in Spokand, Washington.  Glad it was not California or New York I would still be in jail. Mark

benevolance

yeah it is kind of bad to have a gun or ammo at the airport

ScottA

Oklahoma, the state where I live has flatly refused to implement the real I.D. though they did file for the extension to allow our drivers licences to be used until December 2009. After that I guess we'll have to see if the state caves in to pressure from washington. I am of the opinion that the federal government has no authority to require states to comply with the real I.D. act. They have threatened to restrict travel and not allow citizens of non-compliant states to enter federal buildings. I've personaly decided to draw the line with rfid chips. I will not carry one on my person no matter what. I'm sure the feds intend to shove this down our throats at some point but they can by god shoot me if they don't like it. I'll do all in my power to make sure they are forced to do it in a public place.

glenn kangiser

Me too, Scott.  If they want to chip me, I'll have to be dead.

There are some who do not carry drivers licenses as they are unconstitutional - (or covered by some of our rights).  I haven't gone that far but I know one here who has and gets away with it as he is apparently right.  There was one on the survival video I recently posted also.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

benevolance

well the more states that resist the better...

I will never be chipped either... not knowingly or willingly... Hopefully there will be an underground movement to counter any such attempts by the government.

What makes me want to scream is when they run those campaigns where they get people to fingerprint and chip their kids saying it is to protect them from child molesters or whatever... ::)....Holy  f you see k... making it family friendly guys....

how stupid as a society have we become to even allow them to do these things to us?

Sassy

A surprisingly thorough article on the REAL ID by Rep. Sam E Rohrer

REAL ID: CONNECTING THE DOTS TO AN INTERNATIONAL ID

By Representative Sam E. Rohrer

August 24, 2008
NewsWithViews.com

History offers many examples of societies which have sought to increase security by sacrificing freedom. America itself provides many pertinent instances. However, our founding fathers have not left us without wisdom on this issue. Ben Franklin has famously stated, "People willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." REAL ID undoubtedly exemplifies a scenario in which a difficult tension exists between freedom and security. By commandeering every state's driver's license issuing process, REAL ID threatens the results warned by Franklin - loss of both freedom and security. It has become the biometric enrollment phase of a plan to implement a terribly invasive tracking system, largely without public knowledge or approval. REAL ID is merely the current face of a far larger, international government and private economic effort to collect, store, and distribute the sensitive biometric data of citizens to use for the twin purposes of government tracking and economic control. At issue are much more than standardized or non-duplicative driver's licenses. This effort extends worldwide, threatening every person alive today. Although very legitimate security concerns exist in this age of terrorism, this Act extends far beyond terrorism prevention or protection of the innocent. Keeping that broad picture in mind, let us move to some background behind the face of REAL ID implementation in America.
con't @ http://www.newswithviews.com/guest_opinion/guest128.htm
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free