jonesy's camp

Started by jonseyhay, June 25, 2006, 02:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

That's great Jonsey.

PEG, marmalade is what the little chick said when his momma laid an Orange.

He said, "Oh look, did you see the Orange marmalade?"

peg_688

Humm OK so how does a lil chicken have "it's bike " as Jonsey put it :-? ;D

I'm guessin a building insp, AKA gestpo / jack booted Govt' thug :-[ :-/ ;D

No offence to any building insp. out there :-*

Or" No building insp. where harmed in the writting of this post!"   ;D

glenn-k

You were right the first time, PEG.  Marmalade is like a jelly - like orange usually has a bit of the orange peel in it too.  :)

jonseyhay

The marmalade: It's an old Australian custom, Amanda will be able to tell you all about it.  ;)

http://www.duckpond-design.com.au/theduckpond/emerginghouse51.htm

peg_688

Is Amanda Aussie ?? So you move the jelly and that makes ya "feel " moved in ,EH.  Well ya must be feelin chuffed about the whole deal eh mate! :)

jonseyhay

QuoteIs Amanda Aussie ??
I don't think so mate, as far as I know she's bluegrass through and through, but we would be quite happy to adopt her if you don't need her anymore.  ;)
I thought she would have been on to the marmalade thing but maybe she's not paying attention.
The Mrs. and I are both pretty chuffed now the end is in sight. It's been a bit of a marathon but worth it in the end. One shinny new house and no mortgage. You just gotta be happy with that. :)

jraabe

Well done Jonsey! I don't know nuttin' about any weird upside down customs involving jam but I do know you've been working on this project awhile and it appears you've finally "got the T-shirt"

Congrats Bro, and here's to many happy years in the place!  :) :) :) :D

desdawg

G'day and congratulations Jonsey, you should abso-bloody-lutely be pleased after all that slog! Once again my hat is off to you. Put the billy on we are coming to celebrate your success.
For those of you who wish to make a study of the foreign language know as Australian I refer you to the following link:
http://www.aussieslang.com/slang/australian-slang-a.asp

glenn-k

I need to sit down by the ol' black stump with Jonesy and have him teach me some Aussie speak.

Hope you are enjoying the new home, Jonesy.

cecilia

Congratulations Jonesy! So glad to read that it's marmalade moving time at your house too - such an important psychological milestone don't you think?

cecilia
www.duckpond-design.com.au/theduckpond

Amanda_931

I must have told the marmalade moving story to 25 people.

Makes perfect sense to me.