Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord!

Started by Jens, February 26, 2009, 10:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens

I have climbed up to the mountain top!  I have looked over that beautiful Jordan river, and what did I see?  My three eldest children (10, 7, and 5) helping me clean up the entire house in less than an hour last night!  No argueing, no complaining, no "How come Sydney doesn't have to clean!", or, "Patrick's not doing anything!".  It was truly amazing!  Alas, the good Lord has given me a glimpse of Paradise, and it looks like a family living together and helping eachother out, instead of me picking up after 4 little creatures every day. 

The whole thing seems to have been sparked off by a sermon/lecture that my wife and I had to give the kids about compassion, after Patrick hurt Sydney on accident, and then got the standard defensive 10 year old attitude, instead of just being genuinely sorry that she had gotten hurt.  What was a horribly frustrating day...all day, turned into an amazing one. 

"And all His holy ones bowed to praise him, saying, Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord!"
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

Redoverfarm

Enjoy it while it last. Something in the back of my mind in parenthood says it won't. ;D 

wildbil

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
-Thomas Jefferson

firefox

Jens, you seem like a really nice guy. I'd really hate to see you get started on drugs. Please stop now while there is still a chance!

Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

Jens

just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!