I just made my helmet cam Any video wizaards out there (Like Don)

Started by peternap, May 21, 2008, 05:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I got on the Whizzer and took a trip through the local hospital.
The results for the first try are OK but it looks like the video stops once in a while. I'm thinking it's because the autofocus is on.
Any ideas?
The camera is a Samsungsung Sports Camcorder.

https://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/peternap/helcam/?action=view&current=whiznet.flv
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Quote from: peternap on May 21, 2008, 05:44:19 PM
I got on the Whizzer and took a trip through the local hospital.

Peter pretty good but I visualized something completely different.  Slidding into elevators, running over bedpans and patients.  Seemed the problem developed mostly when you shifted it from side to side fast.  Still good picture and fairly smooth not shakey

peternap

That's the way it looked to me also John. It may be there's nothing I can do about it but at any rate, I see a lot of fun ahead.....especially during rush hour ;D
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

Peter, thank you, but I don't consider myself a wizard.  :D

It looks good to me. I couldn't make out anywheres where the video appears to stop, although there are some rapid back and forth pans as you check for traffic, good looking women, etc.  ;D

It's smoother than the helmet-cam videos I'm used to seeing.  ;D But then they're dirt bike trail rides in Utah.

Oh, and I'm wondering just what that car on the trailer near the end was...  ???
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

NM_Shooter

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

MountainDon

Fenders aren't swoopy enough for a FFR, IMO.

I wondered if there had been an SCCA Solo parking lot event because of all the orange barrels earlier in the shot.  ???  THere were 4 tires in the front of the trailer plus the all too obvious roll bars. Looked like an amateur SCCA club racer.

Just wondering and day dreaming of days of old.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.