modular homes

Started by habib, November 15, 2006, 01:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

habib

What is the general consensus on modular homes here?  I saw the Katrina Cottage recieved little response.  I sell Modular Homes to the do it your selfer.  Mods offer an opportunity to gain a ton of sweat equity for those with limited time.  

My plans are for modular homes, not trailers or doulbe wides.  I have plans that range from 900 square feet to over 5000 square feet.

If any one has any comments let me know

//www.modularhomeplace.com

;)

glenn-k

Most people here are interested in building their own home to their own needs, desires and designs.

To me the Katrina Cottage wasn't particularly inviting, but then I'm not looking for that type of home either.  I have seen a couple of modulars that didn't look too bad but most have a particular look to them.  I think one of the best looking modulars was posted sometime ago by Daddymem, and it was near impossible to tell it was a modular.  To me - getting away from the modular look would make it more desireable.

Amanda_931

The Katrina Cottage is cute as a button, but it only has one door.   :'(

I've lived enough places, looked at enough house plans--one of my old addictions was those periodicals of house plans--to figure I'm the expert on what's going to suit me.  And as far as this forum is concerned I'm

[size=22]Ms Build For Your Site!![/size]

So I'm with Glenn here.

tjm73

I like the looks of your modernist houses. But the floor plans are way too small. Can't see how the layout works clearly.

Amanda_931

Oh, on the screen.  I was thinking--he thinks that 2300 sf is too small?

It might be nice to be able to order the design I come up with as SIPs.  

habib

The plans for the modernist plans are only a starting point.  I am in the process of designing a line of homes that have a core as the central element of the home, it will include a living, cooking and eating area.  Depending on the needs of the customer, the core house will be designed to allow the people to live the way they want to live.

One plan that would be functional for one family is confining to another.  I am also changing my approach from pushing modernist to post modern.  In a respect I graduated from the form follow funtion to form is funtion...FLW.

Many of the modernist homes are small, much like city loft areas.  i want my designs to accomodate how people would like to live.  Many of the modernist homes are great if you are going to sit around and read.  Reading is just observing life on a one dimensional media...maybe better than television, but still observing other people and thier stories (fiction or non fiction).

If you have run across any plans you find functional, send them to me.

When my plans are up I would appreciate a crituique.

www.modularhomeplace.com