someone's gonna get a bargain

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, October 09, 2008, 10:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

:slap <---- you really need to get the emote.

glenn kangiser

[slap]  You mean that one -- in the  [more] section, Stink.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

I guess I had a duh moment...

Of course that would be YOUR fault.

glenn kangiser

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Still waiting on doggone realtor to contact me back.  Haven't heard a word from her in several days now.  Not as patient as I should be, I suppose.

Homegrown Tomatoes

ARGHHHH!!!!!  These people are wanting us to do $1700 worth of repairs to the house that they're already putting us in the hole on!!!!!!  Forget it, they can walk if they want.  There isn't a single thing on the list that they couldn't do themselves.  There's even stupid stuff on the list like cleaning out the gutters!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't fathom that they could be so stupid as to ask for stuff like this.  Surely there's a better offer out there?  Dang it.  If they want it bad enough, they're going to take it as is.

apaknad

tell them to look for a condo if they can't clean their own gutters for goodness sake(unless elderly).
unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.

StinkerBell

Sassy

You've sure had your "trials" this past year...  hopefully it will all work out very soon & you'll be able to get into your own home... 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Homegrown Tomatoes

:)  Well,  I just fired off an email to my realtor (which she'll no doubt share with the buyer's realtor) basically telling her the buyers could kiss my grits, but we're not going to do their honey-do list for them.  We did agree to change the hot water heater IFF it really needs changing (after our neighbor/contractor looks at it and gives us his opinion.)  I hope for it to go ahead and close on December 9th.  I have to think that these folks have already put down $1000 in earnest and they've paid for an inspection, so hopefully they don't want to lose their money.  Meanwhile, I'm fed up with the whole deal; wish that I had the option to hibernate until it all blows over!  If we get this house sold and buy another place, we are staying put and not moving again!  (ScottA was so right when he said the moral of the story is : Never leave Oklahoma!!!) 

Homegrown Tomatoes

Found out today that the buyers don't speak English, so that's why they have no idea that they can clean their own gutters or get a spark-arresting cap for the chimney themselves.  (And I'm sure that "kiss my grits" was lost in translation :-\)  Anyone know how to say "grits" in Spanish?  Anyway, it looks like the deal will go through.  I'm sending them an amendment to tell them that we'll do whatever repairs are required for FHA loan to go through, but otherwise they can forget about it.

peternap

That's annoying. No one can get a mortgage these days except a couple who don't speak english. >:(
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

peternap

Quote from: Homegrown Tomatoes on November 18, 2008, 12:49:24 PM
  (And I'm sure that "kiss my grits" was lost in translation :-\)  Anyone know how to say "grits" in Spanish?  .

Maíz machacado.

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

StinkerBell

cordwood

Uno mas Cerveza fria, Por favor?!?!? ??? don't know if it's right but after saying it a few times I don't remember how they told me to say it  [crz] d*
I cut it three times and it's still too short.

glenn kangiser

Yes Stink - I know.

Another cold beer, cordwood - Corona OK? hmm

cordwood

Quote from: Homegrown Tomatoes on November 18, 2008, 12:49:24 PM
Found out today that the buyers don't speak English, so that's why they have no idea that they can clean their own gutters or get a spark-arresting cap for the chimney themselves.  (And I'm sure that "kiss my grits" was lost in translation :-\)  Anyone know how to say "grits" in Spanish?  Anyway, it looks like the deal will go through.  I'm sending them an amendment to tell them that we'll do whatever repairs are required for FHA loan to go through, but otherwise they can forget about it.
When we sold our last house one prospective wanted us to "pump" the septic,.....I said no but we do have a certified inspection that should be enough. They wanted it pumped so they would be starting "FRESH!!!" I told them they could start "FRESH!" on their own dime, I couldn't afford to pump the septic every time someone looked at the house ::)
They watch those tv shows that tell them to ask for the moon just to see if they can get it but they forget there are tv shows that tell the rest when to tell them to get lost ;)

StinkerBell

In our state it is required for the sellers to pump the septic unless they had it pumped within 12 months of sale.

glenn kangiser

Well, I think that's pretty crappy, Stink. d*

cordwood

Quote from: glenn kangiser on November 19, 2008, 01:08:26 AM
Well, I think that's pretty crappy, Stink. d*
Ditto!!!
If you list it for three years ya gotta pump it three times?  [toilet] [frus]

MountainDon

If I was the seller and was confronted with that pumping requirement, I'd see if I could write the deal to give the buyer the cost of a typical pump out off the sale price and have the buyer get it done after the closing.  ??? 
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

StinkerBell

Hey, I didn't write the law.
I am just the messenger here.

glenn kangiser

Crap flows downhill, Stink.  You are bound to get some on you. ::)

Homegrown Tomatoes

When we sold our last house one prospective wanted us to "pump" the septic,.....I said no but we do have a certified inspection that should be enough. They wanted it pumped so they would be starting "FRESH!!!" I told them they could start "FRESH!" on their own dime, I couldn't afford to pump the septic every time someone looked at the house ::)
They watch those tv shows that tell them to ask for the moon just to see if they can get it but they forget there are tv shows that tell the rest when to tell them to get lost ;)
That's funny!
My husband had mentioned doing something similar before buying a place.  I kind of chewed him out.  I figure if it has been pumped fairly recently, and inspected and everything looks fine, it would be stupid to ask for something like that, and if we were the ones selling, we'd think it was frivolous.  Our relocation package will pay to have a septic inspection, so I told him we could just do that. 

Our realtor called me yesterday.  Seems that she has decided that she is on our side after all.  She sent the buyers an amendment yesterday that says we'll pay for either the electrical OR the hot water heater (which isn't leaking, according to her son, who is a contractor, but is a little corroded from when the basement flooded in the spring...) and that we'll only do that if FHA requires it.  Haven't heard back, but if they want to close by December 9th, they better get it in gear and come to an agreement soon.... otherwise we won't have time to get a check cut for the deal to go through. 

ED: fixed quote - MD