Windows 7 Whopper

Started by MountainDon, October 22, 2009, 05:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

I've begun looking for a new laptop as this keyboard continues to lose keys.  >:(  So I've been looking into Windows 7.

Only available in Japan. This is supposedly genuine. Can't imagine why?  ???

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10381091-1.html?tag=nl.e404

While Microsoft's new operating system finally hits stores and computers around the globe, we thought we'd lighten up Windows 7 launch day with the strangest promotional item we've seen for an operating system: the Windows 7 Whopper.

Available in Japan for a limited time, it stacks seven patties into an impossibly caloric 5-inch-tall structure, all for a special price of 777 yen ($8.50); at least, for the first 30 customers. That's a little more than $8 for what must be a two-week supply of char-meat. It's a strange cross-promotion for software that's being touted as "leaner and meaner."

No, this isn't a joke. But perhaps you'd care to tear into one of these while you do a fresh install of Windows 7 on top of Windows XP. Sadly, Windows 7 is not included with the purchase of this burger (not even Starter edition).

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

I thought your spelling was just getting worse. ;D Now that the pot calling the kettle black now isn't it.

poppy

Leaner and meaner? Give me a break.  If this version is anything like the rest, what this ad means is that you will need a whopper of a memory to load it.  ;)

rwanders

??? So far, all the reviews I have seen are positive----I will receive a free update disc soon and will give it a tryout.
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

MountainDon

I've found pretty much the same, people saying that Win7 is what Vista should have been. My old XP laptop giving problems and I believe a new machine is in the near future. The MS adviser program does point out that a few programs that I have are not compatible, but they are rather old. The machine would meet or exceed minimum requirements but would need a mess of drivers, if available. I don't need those headaches, plus as I stated the keyboard is shedding.

From what I can tell from following the product on a web site I have trusted for years, Win7 on a new machine that's built to use it should be a walk in the park.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

StinkerBell

5 hours to load on the Hub's laptop.

But it does depends on how many programs.....

Our friend said it took him 2 hours to load.

glenn kangiser

Even at two hours I would be afraid my computer was toast.  I hate waiting.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

NM_Shooter

Me too Don... my laptop is kaput.  I've worn letters off the keys, and a hole in the mouse pad.  Registry is messed up, even with a cleaner.  I either have a virus or something awry, as a rundll32.exe process sucks up a ton of CPU and I can't seem to permanently delete it.  I'm hoping it is not a virus... McAfee, spyware, and registry mechanic can't seem to figure it out.

I'm headed to Best Buy today to kick tires.  I've been waiting for Win7 to come out.

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

MountainDon