Recent posts

General Forum / Re: WANTED Family Circle Bolt-...
Last post by Motovista - May 12, 2024, 05:51:26 PM
Quote from: rothbard on May 08, 2024, 02:20:30 PMhttps://www.countryplans.com/bolt-house.html

That's a link to a site where they try to get you to pay $300 for the plans. I find it hard to believe any legitimate company would do that. Do you have any information about getting the plans that doesn't involve paying someone $300 for them?
I really can't believe these are so hard to find.
General Forum / I have a question
Last post by Gras1990 - May 11, 2024, 03:58:14 AM
I am looking into building the 1 and 1/2 story wondering what the cost has been for some of you , less the land , trying to put a plan in order any help thank you.
Referral Links / Re: Truss Calculators
Last post by Medeek - May 10, 2024, 08:40:30 PM
Version 3.4.5 - 05.10.2024
- Enabled ceiling insulation for shed rafter roofs: Batt, Blown-in.
- Enabled ceiling insulation for gable rafter roofs: Batt, Blown-in.
- Enabled ceiling insulation for hip rafter roofs: Batt, Blown-in.
- Enabled the "Edit Truss Assembly" function for all flat trusses (imperial and metric units).

General Forum / Re: Is there a span table for ...
Last post by OlJarhead - May 09, 2024, 04:07:01 PM
I recall finding one that I think MD shared once...might have to search the forum for Span tables
General Forum / Is there a span table for some...
Last post by Oughted - May 08, 2024, 02:40:04 AM
While I have built lots of buildings with standard floor joists, I am wanting to build a Chalet type home with a loft and exposed beams on the first floor.
Is there a span table for something like  4 x 10 beam?

Thanks
Mike
General Forum / WANTED Family Circle Bolt-toge...
Last post by Motovista - May 05, 2024, 05:39:16 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right category for this post, if it isn't, please relocate it Mods.

I've been looking for the plans for the Family Circle Bolt-together house designed by Jeff Milstein. Sadly, I haven't been able to find them online, which is surprising in this internet age we inhabit. I saw an article today in the NYT about one of these houses that just sold, and figured I would look anew. So far, without any luck.
I have specific reasons for looking for those plans, and don't need links to anything else, no matter how well meaning.
If you have a set of the plans, or a copy of a set of the original plans, or even a link to a place I can download or purchase a copy of the original plans, without purchasing something else I have absolutely no interest in buying, please let me know.
Thank you.
motovista AT gmail or yahoo dot com
Owner-Builder Projects / Re: Okanogan 14x24 by a lurker...
Last post by OlJarhead - May 05, 2024, 01:08:54 PM
Super awesome week at the cabin!!!  So much done, can't wait to share!
Referral Links / Re: Wall Plugin for SketchUp
Last post by Medeek - May 04, 2024, 05:34:50 PM
Version 3.6.0 - 05.04.2024
- Added the ability to create custom "Vertical Shiplap" wall cladding materials within the Material Library.
- Enabled "3D" Vertical Shiplap wall cladding for all wall types: Rectangular, Gable, Shed and Hip.

This update per customer request.
Referral Links / Re: Truss Calculators
Last post by Medeek - May 03, 2024, 01:32:35 PM
Version 3.4.4 - 05.02.2024
- Added ceiling gypsum for cambered and mono cathedral trusses.
- Enabled the "Edit Truss Assembly" function for cambered and mono cathedral trusses (imperial and metric units).
- Enabled labels for cambered and mono cathedral trusses.
- Fixed some minor bugs for mono cathedral trusses.