Fauxtos

Started by Gary O, August 23, 2011, 09:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary O

Y'ever do sumpm, thinkin', 'Oh, this is gonna be good', and later....moments after you've poked the 'send' button, think, 'What'd I do that for? What was I thinkin'?
I won't talk about the misdirected ones that, once sent, you realize it was the wrong default.
Those'd be the questionable ones that were intended for Grant, not Gramma. (one day there w/be a cyber retrieve)

The point, Gary, get to the point.....I'm jus sayin' I'm intentionally posting these lame creations, cause:

1) Some may find the humor
2) It took effort on my part and I don't have the guts to kill it, so I park it in the burgeoning pile
in my Lame Frame file.
3) Sometimes it's good to post lame stuff, cause it makes the pretty good stuff look better

So, I'm gonna do two-a-post to get through this series, as my OCD will not permit otherwise (that'd be #4):

Fauxtos of the day (two more tonight)

I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson

Gary O

OK, gettin' over the 'cross the road' theme now

fauxtos of the evening

this one I kinda like (a bit farsidean)

firefox

Well Gary, you are definetly on a roll......But, as the lady said to her dog, I wish
you wouldn't roll in that stuff....
Keep up the good work Gary!
I wonder why Smellorama never panned out... ;D
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

Gary O

Yeah, this ol' gawg has been rollin' in it lately.
Wish I was more like MountianDon, rabidly digging thru data and info with the thirst of a Harvard Frosh.
But, n-o-o-o-o-o-o, I go after the dregs of mind twisting fodder......I blame the rabbit hole in my room

Gary O

Alright, I've sent these three to the far corners of the states, to varying age groups and stations of the business and retirement world, and the poll results surprised me.
Please pick a fave, or best (least worst) of the three, if you'd be so kind

fauxtos of the day

rick91351

Here is my take

I like the tree in the woods the best. 

House hunters I really found the blue cooler very amusing in a field of desert camo.  Really I have problems with people killing people then making light of it.  War is a hard fact of life yet death to me is never taken lightly.  Offended by it?  No but was not rolling on the floor.  So I place it last     

The Indian Paratrooper - I thought change the caption to Kit Carson.  Then a lot of people do not know the history and the hatred there.  How about Custer?  Roosevelt?  Truman?  It to me is second but then it is sort of a heady having to put two and two and coming up with this must be Geronimo.  And then that is not his real name either so......Goyathlay or Goyahkla.  < I did have to look that up by the way.  That was not off the top of my head.

rlr

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Gary O

Great feed back!!

Shows how minds have regressed, as the majority, so far, liked the House Hunter best, but that was from the younger sector.
First in depth reply on the Native American....middle aged sector loved it, younger set didn't get it, and now a bit of historic feedback coupled with personal opine.

Thank you pard

firefox

I liked the House Hunter as well, but then I'm a Marine. Some how I don't think they were
worried about the water cooler giving away their position.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

Gary O

Thank you Bruce....for what it's worth, you are aligned with the younger set

firefox

That's probably because I never grew up  ;D
I'm still 15 going on 16. I found this out when I asked my wife hold she was.
She replied 12 going on 13. I figure if it works for then it can work for me.
So far it has lasted over 40 years and it still works. Besides, I'm stubborn and I refuse
to grow up.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

Gary O

Well, there ya go.
Seriously, I've also aligned myself accordingly.
I still poke fun at death, laugh in it's face, but do need to respect others as I post things that traverse the edge.
Feedback, like Rick's, is priceless to me...helps me think on things that are tucked deep, or never were.
What a mix, humanity!
Ain't it grand??!!

fauxto of the afternoon

Gary O

fauxto of the evening

carroll

Hey, Gary,

I liked the woods one the best, too -- then the house hunter, and then Geronimo -- although I couldn't figure that one  ???    d* out until someone mentioned Geronimo -- and then,  ;D oh, so slowly, I got it . . . .  It just takes a while . . . .

The "Farmer's know how to say it best" made me laugh out loud again!  I'll never look at barbed wire again without thinking of that . . ..

Hee, hee!

:)

carroll

And I'm so glad that you are willing to do these -- your fauxtos really crack me up!

carroll

Gary O

Quote from: carroll on January 20, 2012, 07:43:21 PM
And I'm so glad that you are willing to do these -- your fauxtos really crack me up!

carroll

Willing?
I think it's termed possession....
Glad to help yer day, carroll

Gary O

Quote from: carroll on January 20, 2012, 07:42:21 PM
Hey, Gary,

I liked the woods one the best, too -- then the house hunter, and then Geronimo -- although I couldn't figure that one  ???    d* out until someone mentioned Geronimo -- and then,  ;D oh, so slowly, I got it . . . .  It just takes a while . . . .

The "Farmer's know how to say it best" made me laugh out loud again!  I'll never look at barbed wire again without thinking of that . . ..

Hee, hee!

Well, that's two out of approx 70 usual people that reply, and both are from this forum.....
Funny, Geronimo has recvd some great replies (27 I think so far, will total Monday), and some disdain, and six that didn't pick up on it at all

Thank you carroll, for playin' along

firefox

Hi Gary, I understood the Geronimo one alright, but I thought it was sick...I saw the harness, but no chute.
I still remember shouting that when I was a kid doing all kinds of insane things that by the
laws of physics should have killed me.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

Gary O

....so that puts the tree in the middle (?)

rick91351

Quote from: Gary O on January 20, 2012, 10:14:36 PM
....so that puts the tree in the middle (?)

The tree is clearly sitting on its end as one does in the woods!  :D   But then the butt is in the middle............. ???  I know good bye Rick!!
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Gary O

rick91351

Quote from: Gary O on January 20, 2012, 10:48:14 PM
say g'nite Gary

Grin is an Laugh - In   ----  Say Good Night Dick...................

firefox

Hey Gary, that was an M1 Abrams tank in your house hunter pic.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

Gary O

yup, M1, quite the work horse

fauxto of the day

Gary O

fauxto of the evening

Gary O