A Good Week

Started by Redoverfarm, June 28, 2009, 11:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

Although tiring it was a really good week for the children.  They attended a week long Music workshop.  Annually a organization (Allegheny Echos) based here in the county has a workshop for Old Tyme & Blue Grass Music. The organization is taught by some of the best teachers in West Virginia and is geared to preserve Applachain and Old Tyme music tradition.   Being that my children are from the county the tuition is covered as a Scholarship ($425). Steven my son has attended for 6 years.  Emily my daughter started her first year with Guitar.  Student from all over the United States attend and even some International Students in the past.  Long days with classes starting at 9:00 AM to 12:00  then afternoon individual workshops in various instruments.  The evening jam sessions which last to the wee hours of the morning.  Here is some shots.  

Monster Jam

Concert

glenn kangiser

Thanks, John.  Nice to see some country culture once in a while.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peternap

Looks like they had a Ball John!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Yes Peter they did.  I went up in the evenings and it was like your own private concert with the various little jam sessions going on throughout the parking lot.  Now if I can just remember who I sampled the Apple pie shine from I will make there room my first stop next year. 

Homegrown Tomatoes

Looks like a lot of fun... your description makes me think of Turkey Tracks bluegrass festival in western AR.  When we've gone, we've enjoyed walking around in the evenings listening to groups of people sitting around their tents and campers playing and teaching each other new songs.  The little impromptu concerts put on by folks just hanging around are the best, and we spend more of our time in lawn chairs at someone's campsite than we do at the center stage area.

Redoverfarm

HT did you ever get your girls back into the instruments once you made the move?  Need to it is something they will have forever when everything else disappears.