Where to do hang your hat?

Started by Redoverfarm, January 03, 2008, 12:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

Most of the members usually know the locations of other members on the forrum but for some of us we have not been here long enough to pick that up .It would also help new members as well.  As Okie_bob stated in another post it would be nice to know where you are at as it sometimes pertains to a particular subject as for weather conditions, snow load, ground conditions and etc..  I have changed my profile to include a general area.  I promise we will not show up for supper ;D c*

Good board :)

Willy

I hang mine in Okanogan, Washington about 60 miles South of Canada in the Northern Middle of the State. Mark

MountainDon

From time to time it gets suggested that eveyone should modify their profile to include a general geographic area. I believe it is a very good idea. For one thing, many questions that get asked have a geographic component.

Changing the profile is easy... doesn't even require pictures.

Click on the 'Profile' tab
Look under 'Modify Profile' on the left.
Click on 'Forum Profile Information'
About the middle of the page there is a field labeled 'Personal Text:'
Enter a general geographic descriptor
Click the 'Change Profile' button at the page bottom.

This is the same place you can become younger or older  ;D or change your gender.  :o
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

ScottA

I'm in N.E. Oklahoma, Indian country in the foot hills of the Ozarks.

lonelytree

Anchorage, Alaska.

Before that:
Colorado
Illinois
North Dakota,
New Mexico
Okinawa
Arizona
North Carolina

Retired military. 21 years USAF.

Building near Glennallen, Alaska. Starting March 2008.

benevolance

always wanted to go to Alaska.... yummy

I am in South Carolina for now...Maine soon we hope... though we are not selling the house in South Carolina...Going to keep it for a winter get a way if the snow up north ever becomes too much to bear

Homegrown Tomatoes

Wisconsin for now.  Home is always Oklahoma, though.  (Remlember that old song, "Living on Tulsa Time"?)

glenn kangiser

I remember the movie.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800102510/info

Thanks to my mom -- she liked the classics when I was a kid.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

benevolance

my wife has the music books for oklahoma... she sings... so the book is on the piano... Gotta love those old musicals...There are all kinds from the 50's

Homegrown Tomatoes

Tulsa has (or at least used to... I think they still do) an outdoor theater where you can see Oklahoma during the summers.  I took a Malaysian friend there when we were in college and she had an absolute ball.  She took pictures with all the actors/actresses and sent copies home to her folks in Malaysia.  As for me, I love musicals, especially if you can catch a live performance.  One time a long time ago, a very good friend from highschool got me tickets in the nosebleed section of the Civic Center Music Hall in OKC to see Will Roger's Follies.

williet

North East Alabama. I hope to be here from now on .... I like deep roots!

Homegrown Tomatoes

Williet, that's a pretty area.  We were through there last summer on vacation, and my youngest cried when we left Alabama.... she wanted to move there and live on the "Awful Mexico" (that's what she thought we were saying when we said the "Gulf of Mexico" ;D)  But I thought the northern part was awfully pretty too.  Little one's been drawing palm trees ever since we were there...it was an especially nice change from Wisconsin in June.

Drew

Live, work, save my money in Pacifica, CA.

Really live, work for the joy of it, and spend my money in Palermo, CA.

Wanna see it?  Here it go!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=114019495688590192627.0004349bef44e4c3a9876&ll=39.41201,-121.489692&spn=0.006018,0.010042&t=h&z=17&om=1

sparks

Hi Folks, I hang my hat(s) coast to coast and from border to border. The bills get paid in NW Illinois.......sparks
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

desdawg

I am located 18 miles SW of Maricopa, AZ in an area known as Hidden Valley. In my attempt to become an in-state snowbird I will be spending summers in NW AZ, an area known as Bridge Canyon outside of Seligman, AZ  The temperatures are typically 20 degrees cooler. Last summer we had a record long term heat period where temps hit 110-112 regularly here in the desert. The desert is a hard place to beat in the winter time though. Todays low 48, high 66 if the weather prophets are to be believed.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

Dan

Currently hangs in Spokane, WA.  This spring house will be sold and my hat will travel on my motorcycle for 3-4 months throughout the US, to stop at my little mountain place outside Plain, WA.

Redoverfarm

Sort of like a 3-4 month round trip ticket(WA to WA). Well if you get this direction somewhere in the middle let me know.

williet

Quote from: Homegrown Tomatoes on January 04, 2008, 12:23:14 PM
Williet, that's a pretty area.  We were through there last summer on vacation, and my youngest cried when we left Alabama.... she wanted to move there and live on the "Awful Mexico" (that's what she thought we were saying when we said the "Gulf of Mexico" ;D)  But I thought the northern part was awfully pretty too.  Little one's been drawing palm trees ever since we were there...it was an especially nice change from Wisconsin in June.

It IS starting to look and feel like that "Awful Mexico" to most of us here too!!!!! LOL   Outa the mouths of babes.....