Where's the Beef?

Started by apiratelooksat40, March 31, 2011, 06:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apiratelooksat40

Given the escalation of food costs of late, and the likelihood that the recent events in Japan will give the market to shove Commodities and Staples pricing even higher in the coming months, I'm looking for a resource to learn how to break down primal cuts of meats.  Our local Grocer offers "Whole Tops" and "Whole Bottoms" of beef, but when I research how to break these cuts down, I'm left... ??? ???

Anyone out there have a good resource to show how to properly break down these primal cuts?  I figure since I expanded the Garden, might's well fill the freezer, too.....
Last Night....
I Shot 6 Holes in my Freezer
I think I've got Cabin Fever
Somebody Sound the Alarm....

peternap

I'd like to know a little more too. I've butchered hogs but a 1400 pound steer is a little different. I don't lie the butcher I've been using and it costs me almost $400.00 to use him.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!