12x16 Timber Frame Cabin

Started by Whitlock, October 01, 2008, 12:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

The tacos were great... 

I'd feel a lot better if I hadn't found the barbecued potato chips before I went over there. [crz]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

PA-Builder

Quote from: Sassy on November 08, 2008, 01:04:33 PM
... One of these days I'll have to make Glenn bring me up there for a visit! ...

Sassy,

Maybe next time, if you "ask Glenn nicely",  you'll get there faster . . .  :)

Whitlock

All she will have to do is put a lock on the freezer so he can't get to his ice cream. Then she will have complete control.

Did I just type that :-\
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

Jens

Have you done anything new that we want to know about or see pictures of?  I love timberframes :)
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

Whitlock

Mostly working on the interior Jens. Not much to post yet but as soon as I finsh and clean it up I will post something :-\

glenn kangiser

Quote from: PA-Builder on December 30, 2008, 09:00:30 PM
Quote from: Sassy on November 08, 2008, 01:04:33 PM
... One of these days I'll have to make Glenn bring me up there for a visit! ...

Sassy,

Maybe next time, if you "ask Glenn nicely",  you'll get there faster . . .  :)

Should I make her grovel, PA? hmm

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: Whitlock on December 30, 2008, 10:17:48 PM
All she will have to do is put a lock on the freezer so he can't get to his ice cream. Then she will have complete control.

Did I just type that :-\

That's it -- I'm outa here... [waiting]

Now you just made me get out of my chair and go to get a bowl of Ice Cream.... [hungry]

Whitlock

Now if I could just figure out how to get motavated on my cabin or mill again?
Had to go play in the back yard today-

I love this old church built in 1929

Ernest T. Bass

It must have been built well; much straighter than any 80 y.o. building in my area!

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

Jens

So, your location on your profile says up the road from glen, but your sons name is Sonoran, on here.  Are you in Mariposa?  Or does up the road from glen mean farther?  I lived in Ione for a while, worked the phone lines from Jamestown up to Plymouth.  My wife grew up in Stockton.

Just curious.

Quote from: Whitlock on December 30, 2008, 11:56:05 PM
Mostly working on the interior Jens. Not much to post yet but as soon as I finsh and clean it up I will post something :-\

Clean up? [rofl2]

As if that is actually necessary. 
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

Whitlock

I'm 3 miles north of Glenn. I own the Whitlock Mine. Look it up on the net. ;D

Whitlock

Well I'm having the well drilled we are at 175ft
Hopefully water soon [waiting]
You never know but someting inside me makes me think we will hit water at 285ft

Fingers crossed,W

MountainDon

G/L on that. Want to start a pool.    ;)

I say 266.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Whitlock

I was hoping to hit water at 20 feet but :-\
The driller said the ground is loose and easy to drill. This is hard to believe all the ground I have ever drilled and blasted around here was hard,hard,hard. Soft ground should be good for water I would think ???
Glenn will be over tomarrow to make sure the water is drinkable.

glenn kangiser

I want to go have a look at the rotary rock driller.  I only drilled with cable tool.

This will be cool. :)

Whitlock

5 gallons a minute at 385ft not bad for this area. I had them drill the well to 500ft so it will recover quicker and have more storage [waiting]
Anyone out there have a solar pump on there well? I'm thinking of using one and would like some advise.

glenn kangiser

The driller is a nice guy.  He and his son dropped by the Underground Complex today for a tour.  He drilled our well before we  bought the property.

Whitlock

No leads on a solar pump ???I have been looking at the Grundfros solar pumps. Does anyone use one of these?

http://www.genproenergy.com/grundfos_sq_flex.html

glenn kangiser

I installed the solar for a grundfos in Hornitos, and it worked great.  As I recall we put in 320 watts of panels wired in series for about 100 volts pumping.  It filled about 2 2600 gallon tanks in a few days  or less - didn't monitor it that close.  It was a customer from hell and I only did the solar frame and panels.

Whitlock

Too much work lately. I haven't been working on the timber frame for some time now.
What I love about this forum is it gets you motavated to keep working on your projects [cool]
With the way thing are going around here I need to get it done soon :-\

PEG688

Quote from: Whitlock on May 23, 2009, 01:22:47 PM

#1: Too much work lately.

#2: I haven't been working on the timber frame for some time now.

#3: What I love about this forum is it gets you motavated to keep working on your projects [cool]

#4: With the way thing are going around here I need to get it done soon :-\

#1: Thats a good problem to have I think?

#2:  Planning is in ways working , you've been thinkin on it I'd guess.

#3: Yes it does help with that some. Do you need a nudge ? Maybe a kick in the ............... ;)

#4: Sooner might be better , but whats the rush or your need to get it done soon?  Your not gonna sell it are you??

How about a few photo's of some details or sketches/ doodles you might be kicking around? Maybe that will get you moving? We'd send money , thats generally the slow down for me. Plenty of ideas , no disposable / spendable on extras ,  cash d*

When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

Whitlock

Not selling that is for sure.I will always have a income here in the mine no matter what happens in this messed up world.
I might need one of Pegs #3's
I have lots of building materials to get the job done.
I have been kicking around the idea of adding on another room with a shed roof and a rap around porch?
Guess I need to get my butt in gear d*

Whitlock

Mother Nature has takin over d*

That's what I get for sitting around to long :-\

Redoverfarm

Bishopknight

LOL, too funny  :)

A Robin is doing that in the gable eaves I didn't finish framing...