12x18 "Shed" going up in Lakes Region NH

Started by Lorangerlife, September 29, 2008, 08:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorangerlife

Quote from: cbc58 on October 22, 2008, 02:28:34 PM
They still got "Carr Oil" in Bristol?  (I went to college with one of the kids) Newfound Lake is beautiful.

I don't think its still around although I could be wrong

cbc58

Redoverfarm

All too often the electric will be set to a site so that power tools can be operated.  This is common in this area.  One lot one pole and nothing around it.

Lorangerlife

they have no problem at all with me installing a pole as long as I pull a permit for the house =)  Otherwise I am pretty sure I will be sitting in on a meeting trying to explain why I need it.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: Lorangerlife on October 23, 2008, 01:10:03 AM
they have no problem at all with me installing a pole as long as I pull a permit for the house =)  Otherwise I am pretty sure I will be sitting in on a meeting trying to explain why I need it.

I have a new friend who was in the deepest layers of the protection of our country.  He is absolutely appalled at the level of unconstitutionality we have sunk to.  He is totally p-ssed that his family thinks it is a great freedom to be able to use public land -- that belongs to us-- at times and places without having to get a permit. 

Having to get a permit and explain why we want to have power on our own place and even the feeling that we should be required to should be unthinkable.  Is it our place or theirs?  They, wrongly want to make us think it is theirs.

He very nearly gave his life for this ???  He's outraged.

Freedom has been stolen.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

ScottA

Our power co. wants to see a built structure before they will set a pole for free. If you are willing to pay for the work they will set one anywhere for any reason. The RVers run into this alot. They have to pay to get power put in but a house they will hookup for free.

Lorangerlife

I'm not to happy in the least about all the permits that need to be pulled. 

Want a fence. permit.
Electric.  permit for house.
water.  permit for house.
The list goes on and on.

Somehow I think if you walked onto the property of any of our founding fathers and asked for a permit for their barn that was being erected you would have been shot or something....

I just think, its my land I own it outright and dont owe anyone a dime for it so I should be able to live there without having to pay tons of cash to everyone else just so I have a home to live in.

Redoverfarm

Ditto. Sorry.  Just waiting for Glenn to give his $.02 worth.

Squirl

Permits for water set me off most.  That is like a permit for food.  I can see the reasoning that I don't want some idiot poisoning my water supply, but I don't like having to ask myself.

glenn kangiser

Likely the only ones who would poison your water supply would be the ones you didn't get a permit from.

The only government official I recall with a real concern about the water quality and who knew what was going on was overridden and blackballed by the ones in the good ol' boy system who wanted to give the polluting modern method well drillers preference over the old system which sealed the polluted water into it's own strata preventing mixing of polluted and fresh water.

John, I am running out of words and frustrated that these parasites are allowed to do this to us - in violation of what the founding fathers wanted for us and our families.

These guys fall under the planning and zoning board.  Yes - you may stir up trouble if you use this but I find it to be pretty effective and found out I was likely reviewed by the DA in absentia during the last fire as I was reported to be a crazy guy with guns and a tractor and at the first fire meeting they were backpedaling very hard.  There was standing room only and fear of lawsuits I was told.

The bad thing is that a lawsuit will likely cost you lots of money even if you are right.  I try more devious methods... [crz]    :-X
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Lorangerlife

Sorry for the lack of progress the last two weeks.

Between crappy weather and setting up a new business I have been swamped.  Hopefully things go well and I keep making the cash needed for the cabin and the house in the spring though.

soomb

Live- Phoenix, Relax- Payson