AC runnable on solar.

Started by Amanda_931, June 29, 2006, 12:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

I suppose you want me to try to find it now, eh?, Peter.  

Oh well. I was wanting to look at it again anyway.  I suppose you are interested in my e-book I'm reading now about making electricity by turning scrap metal into rust too?  A old Cadillac has about 1.5 megawatts of electricity trapped in it if you turn it all to rust - dissolve all the aluminum and capture the electricity.  Clean up your yard by turning the junk parts into power and iron ore.   Use it to charge your batteries then invert it for a/c power.  Gotta set this one up pretty soon.

Back to the subject at hand ---looking for the solar freezer info.

benevolance

Glenn

I am not an electrical person....Really I try to be handy and make things from scrap....A couple close encounters with 220 has taught me Electricity is not my forte....

Truthfully I am scared to death of it...Feels like I am coming home at 2 am when I was 15 when I am installing a plug or a light switch....I am always scared of the power....

I get help with anything electrical whenever possible

But yeah tell me more it sounds amazing...I have a lot of old car parts here! Maybe then the wife would not be so upset with the mess and me hauling in more cars every week with my new 1972 GMC tow truck....if I could use the waste parts to save us $200 a month on Electricity....Summer or winter we have $200 a month electric bills...Secondary heat source in winter and ac in the summer we use a lot of juice.

When time allows I would love to add insulation...And tin the roof...The shingles are so damned hot here in South Carolina...The house is brick and it bakes inside like an oven...I was thinking that strapping the roof and tinning it would create a air space where air could move and reduce the heat that comes into the house through the roof via the sun in the summertime... And just insulate the crap out of it for savings in the winter.

We have a fireplace that works very well...Fireplaces are not the most efficient burners...I was looking for an old cast iron insert with closing doors and a fan....They are hard to find in this part of the country...I do not want to pay $1500 for a new one...

I can get all the hardwood pallets I want with my pick up...Throw on 40-50 at a time unload at home and beat them apart.....Excellent quality heat from the hardwood pallets... I just drove to a couple places in a industrial park and they throw them out...They were all too happy to let me have all the Cardboard and pallets I wanted...

The thinking is that if I burn a couple hundred pallets this winter in a efficient insert burner I could lower the cost of electricity because I would be saving so much on heating.

I guess I will have to try E bay.....

-Peter

glenn-k

Here you go, Peter.  Let me know how it works.

Caution - PDF

Possibly may want to right click and download.

www.homepower.com/files/solarice.pdf

benevolance

yeah I maye have to try to download.. firefox will not open the link you gave me... :(

glenn-k

I've been having the same trouble with Firefox -- new upgrades seem to lock up on a pdf download - also just upgraded to Adobe reader 7.0.8? but it will download and open with Adobe just fine.

benevolance

glenn

I tried the right click, but download is not an option with firefox.... do I need to use evil internet explorer?

benevolance

I am going to download adobe 7.0...I was on the dinosaur version 6.0...Every time I opened up a abobe file it locked my computer up....Really got old.. fast

Also tried to open that link with netscape and no dice

glenn-k

In Firefox it is "Save Link As" if I remember correctly.  Can't say it simple. :-/

benevolance

downloaded 7.08 and still no dice.. Yes I love computers... note the sarcasm

jraabe

See the "Ice-bear AC" in the Green Inventions thread above this one.