20X30 1&1/2 story cabin in No. Ca. coastal mt. range

Started by handyman, March 13, 2009, 10:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

If you haven't already you might consider putting screen/wire over the holes to prevent bee,bugs and anything else you don't want in there.

handyman

Rendover

I put wire screen on the inside over the holes , the wasps like the hot dry area under the eaves.

handyman

I went to my cabin, to open it up for the springtime.  My camera took a picture of a big black bear.  Last fall I put up plywood shutters, and a full sheet of plywood over the door, so it would not break any screens.  There is a bite mark on one corner of the cabin that is 6 feet high. 
     I did some prospecting for water near the cabin, by driving a sand point into the ground.  Hit a little water at 10 feet, but I hoped to get more water by going deeper, and got no water at 16 feet. Trying to jack the sand point back up did not work.  I can still haul water from my spring, but it is a long ways down the mountain. It would be nice to find some water near by,rather than burying a long pipe up the hill. I use a water tank in a trailer that can hold 250 gallons, but not drinking quality water.
    It is always fun to see progress on countryplans.com