Older products.  

Started by PEG688, August 12, 2007, 01:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEG688

Where / are they better?

For example these are turkey brooders , for yes lil turkeys  ;D

Look at the details , turned legs , nice wood Fir I believe , nice hardware , well sort of . Wood pegged jointery , a little bead detail on the top self edge ,  these where / are turkey brooders .  :o

All in all , without the pigon poop and other less , ah tasty appointments  they are very well made.  8-)

Many other products are the same , today every thing ( almost) is stamped out with little or no thought to what it looks like , other are made so they just look good , if ya get what I mean , little substance today .

End of mini rant, your turn  ;D
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

MountainDon

And I'll bet even the turkey's tasted better.  :)  Yum!
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

PEG688

I bet they did , these folks are old farmers they did the turkey thing back in the 50's and 60's . Raised um in the brooders then range fed most if not all in larger open pens IIRC . I'll have to ask Al for the details on that . Just recently they sold the last big herd of dairy cows here on Whidbey, pretty said in a way.  
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

MountainDon

When I moved here to NM in '85 there was a large dairy cow operation just a few miles north of us. It was in the country then. Several years ago they closed up shop, sold the land. Today they're building $200+K homes on the land. Still got cows in NM, but the trucks have to go further to collect the milk.  :-/

The turkey brooders look like furniture
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

I always tell the wife-- much of my old stuff is better than new stuff. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.