Started by Medeek, January 25, 2019, 11:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

First look at UK electrical outlets and switches in the electrical estimator:

Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.
Designer, Programmer and Engineer

Medeek

Version 1.2.5 - 11.12.2020
- Added data (low voltage) outlets, lights, panels, UK outlets, and UK switches to the Medeek Electrical Estimator.

The following (six) electrical elements still need to be added into the Electrical Estimator:

Safety Devices, Heaters, Vents, Floor Outlets, Low Voltage Panels, Misc. Fixtures

Medeek

Version 1.2.6- 11.13.2020
- Added Safety Devices, Heaters, Vents, Floor Outlets, Low Voltage Panels and Misc. Fixtures to the Medeek Electrical Estimator.

The Electrical Estimator is now complete.  I still need to change up the CSI numbers for the various components but for now I've just used my own default numbering system.  I will need to get with some electrical contractors on what are the appropriate numbers to use.

I will now turn my attention to more pressing matters involving the Truss plugin.

Medeek

Version 1.2.7 - 02.13.2021
- Enabled the ability to draw outlets and switches with Medeek Polyline Stemwall assemblies.

Medeek

Version 1.2.7b - 02.13.2021
- Enabled the ability to draw UK outlets and switches with Medeek Polyline Stemwall assemblies.

Medeek

Version 1.2.8 - 04.30.2021
- Added optional metadata parameters for UK outlets and switches: description, circuit.
- Added a circuit callout parameter in the General tab of the global settings.
- Added a 5th dimensioning layer specifically for circuit callouts in the Layers tab of the Global Settings.
- Enabled circuit callouts for the following fixtures: Switches, Outlets, UK Switches and UK Outlets.

Medeek

Version 1.2.9 - 05.30.2021
- Added an option for vertically offsetting text and symbols within the General tab of the Global Settings.
- Annotation text and symbols for outlets, switches, UK outlets and UK switches can be vertically offset a custom amount from the bottom of the wall.

Medeek

Version 1.3.0 - 06.01.2021
- Added four additional parameters to the "User Interface" section of the General tab of the global settings. This allows the customization (colors) of the HTML menus and buttons.

Medeek

Version 1.3.1 - 06.16.2021
- Updated the wiring module/algorithm to improve performance and overall robustness.

Medeek

Version 1.3.4 - 06.13.2023
- Enabled switches, outlets and lights to be inserted into "component" walls.

Previously electrical fixtures could only be inserted into walls that were "groups", with this update the wall assemblies can be either groups or components.

This update per customer request.

P.S.
I will still need to update the other misc. electrical fixtures (ie. panels, low voltage, safety, heaters, vents, low voltage panels etc...)

Medeek

Version 1.3.4b - 06.15.2023
- Enabled all other electrical fixtures for "component" walls.

Medeek

Version 1.3.5 - 09.29.2023
- Added six additional dimmer switch combinations.

Medeek

Version 1.3.6 - 10.04.2023
- Added an offset parameter (advanced options) for outlets which allows the symbol and label to be offset from the wall.
- Added two additional advanced parameters for vertically offsetting text and symbols for switches and outlets.

The text and symbol vertical offsets are driven by the global settings however these two parameters can now be adjusted separately for each individual outlet or switch.

This update is per customer request. 

Medeek

Version 1.3.7 - 10.14.2023
- Added four timer switch combinations (Leviton VPT24-1PZ).

Added per customer request.

Medeek

Version 1.3.8 - 11.22.2023
- Added two additional parameters for annotation formatting.
- Added the "Regen Electrical" function to the primary toolbar, enabled regeneration for all electrical fixtures.
- Moved the "Draw Safety Device" tool to the secondary toolbar.

Medeek

Version 1.3.8b - 11.23.2023
- Added the "Symbol Text Scale" parameter for scaling superscript of 2D electrical symbols.

With this update one can scale the 2D symbol superscript of the electrical symbols and make them more visible and legible when exporting to Layout, PDFs or paper.

Medeek

Tutorial 6 - Annotation Formatting (9:47 min.)

Medeek

Version 1.3.9 - 01.08.2024
- Updated and improved the license verification module.
- Disabled redundant logging to improve plugin performance.

Medeek

Version 1.4.0 - 01.12.2024
- Added a "PIPE" shape to the wire module for electrical conduit.
- Added an additional parameter for custom wires (conduits/pipes) within the library: Wall Thickness.
- Added standard PVC (Schedule 40) electrical conduit sizes into the custom wire library.

Note, that previous custom wire libraries will not be compatible with this latest update.  If you have an extensive library already established please contact me directly with step-by-step instructions on how to bring an older wire library into this latest version of the plugin.

The dimensions for the OD, wall thickness and bend radius were taken directly from CANTEX and JM Eagle literature, and should match exactly the standard specs for SCH40 PVC in the American and Canadian markets.

Medeek

Version 1.4.1 - 01.31.2024
- Improved the serial number verification logic within the License tab of the Global Settings.
- Updated the javascript logic within the License tab of the Global Settings.
- Added standard PVC (Schedule 80) electrical conduit sizes into the custom wire library.
- Fixed a minor bug with the edit wire profile logic of the wire module.

It turns out the outer diameter and bend radius of schedule 80 conduit is the same as schedule 40, only the wall thickness is different.  I learn something new everyday.