16x30 West Virginia build

Started by Richp, October 24, 2013, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richp

Started last year on a small house build in southern WV. I have been looking around the country plans/build forum for the last year and a half checking out different owner builder posts. Ill share some of my build with you all. I bought two acres that had a trailer on the property with septic and water from a spring on the mountain. We tore the trailer down and started our small house on the same footprint as the trailer. I installed 15 piers as the foundation. Digging was rough, (rocks) I mean everywhere. You couldn't stick a shovel in the ground 2 inches without hitting a stone. Here is some pics of the piers..[/URL][/img]

Richp

Redoverfarm

w*.  Glad to see another Mountaineer on here.  Exactly what area are you building?

Richp

Its already built, But i thought id start from the beginning in showing my build. Its a 16x30 cottage or small house.[/URL][/img]

Richp

The main beams, 2x12's with 1/2 plywood sandwiched in between. 2x8x16 for floor joists.[/URL][/img]

Richp

Richp

Richp

Richp

Richp

Richp

soffit and facia   [/URL][/img]

Richp

siding going up.   [/URL][/img]

Richp

Richp

Started last year on a small house build in southern WV. I have been looking around the country plans/build forum for the last year and a half checking out different owner builder posts. Ill share some of my build with you all. I bought two acres that had a trailer on the property with septic and water from a spring on the mountain. We tore the trailer down and started our small house on the same footprint as the trailer. I installed 15 piers as the foundation. Digging was rough, (rocks) I mean everywhere. You couldn't stick a shovel in the ground 2 inches without hitting a stone. Here is some pics of the piers.

Richp

Sorry about the posts, I'm trying to learn how to post pics, need to learn how to edit my previous posts.

Richp

Quote from: Richp on October 24, 2013, 07:38:36 PM
Started last year on a small house build in southern WV. I have been looking around the country plans/build forum for the last year and a half checking out different owner builder posts. Ill share some of my build with you all. I bought two acres that had a trailer on the property with septic and water from a spring on the mountain. We tore the trailer down and started our small house on the same footprint as the trailer. I installed 15 piers as the foundation. Digging was rough, (rocks) I mean everywhere. You couldn't stick a shovel in the ground 2 inches without hitting a stone. Here is some pics of the piers..[/URL][/img]

Redoverfarm

Quote from: Richp on January 05, 2014, 02:58:47 PM
Sorry about the posts, I'm trying to learn how to post pics, need to learn how to edit my previous posts.

There should be a "Modify" on the upper right of your post between quote & remove that you previously made.  By clicking on that it will return to the edit or the original post like you did before clicking on the "post" on the lower right.

Also you have broken the link of your previous photobucket pictures that you had posted before.  You can do those the same way by going to each post, deleting that photo and then paste it back again with the correct link. You mave have deleted it from photobucket or moved it to another sub album.