almost KO'd by a 4-year-old

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, November 15, 2008, 11:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homegrown Tomatoes

DH and I went looking at a few properties today and my mom took our two older girls with her so that they could go see their great grandma.  Well, we came by my grandma's to pick them up afterward, and I was sitting on the couch when my 4yo came running up to tell me about something.  She leaned down and picked something up off the ground, and then instead of just standing back up, she suddenly sprang straight up from a crouching position.  I had leaned forward, playing with the baby who was in Grandma's lap, and she nailed me head-first in the chin.  It hurt so bad I was nearly sick at my stomach, and I thought for a second I was going down.  Then my mouth began filling with blood, so I had to go rinse it out, because she'd hit my jaw so hard I'd bitten my tongue and chipped a tooth!  Who knew a four-year-old could be so dangerous??  This happened around 5 or 6 in the evening, and here it is 10:30 and it is still throbbing.  My chin is all swollen up, ears hurt, jaw hurts... feels about like a grown man punching you in the chin with a fist.   d*  Think sometimes I need a football helmet just to play with my kids.  Oh, and for the record, she apparently felt nothing, because she looked mildly annoyed that I'd interrupted her spring, and then skipped happily away!  (She must get the hard-headedness from her daddy.) [crz]

Whitlock

Kid are great
That probably won't be The last time something like that happens.
My son at the age of 5 gave me the biggest black eye I have ever had Or should I say I gave it to myself with his help.
We were playing tug of war with the sheets. I jerked he let go I punched myself in the eye. It was swollen shut for 3 days. d*
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

Homegrown Tomatoes

Yeah, a year ago this past June, my girls spilled water in the floor, and I hit it, slipped, and broke my right hand on the door frame in two different place trying to keep from face-planting. 

Bet that was a fun shiner to have to explain!

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

When I worked in the ER a newlywed and her hubby came in. Very obvious she broke her nose.
After her visit and the confirmed break, I asked her how it happened? She said she was just moping the floor and fell flat on her face. I looked at him an said, Be careful of the wet floor in your mopping future.

glenn kangiser

Crimomney... I can't imagine how that happened... d*

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Quote from: StinkerBell on November 16, 2008, 12:58:57 AM
When I worked in the ER a newlywed and her hubby came in. Very obvious she broke her nose.
After her visit and the confirmed break, I asked her how it happened? She said she was just moping the floor and fell flat on her face. I looked at him an said, Be careful of the wet floor in your mopping future.
Stink, when I went to the ER with the broken hand, I think they were really eyeballing DH like he had something to do with it.  In part, it was because I broke my hand in the early afternoon and didn't come in until 8 o'clock because we had dinner guests coming that evening, and I didn't know what to do with all the food if we didn't go ahead with the dinner.  Also, it sounded pretty suspicious... how can someone break their hand in two places just from slipping on a wet floor, especially if I didn't fall?  Ah well... today I have a swollen chin (look kind of like a female Jay Leno??) and my whole mouth and jaw still hurts.  I am still amazed that a four year old can pack a punch like that.  I told her if anyone ever tries to hurt her or kidnap her, she needs to use that move.

Sassy

Actually, I didn't need any help...  Right after Glenn & I got married, he & my son moved all my stuff from my house to his house.  Anyway, we had finished most of the remodeling & were hurrying to get all the furniture in place as the next day we were having friends & family over for an open-house/reception.  I'd stacked the dining room chairs with the legs sticking up on top of the upright chairs...  anywaaaayyyy I bent down to get something & smacked my eye right on the leg of the chair...  you guessed it - nice black eye...  had to explain to everyone that my new husband hadn't bopped me one...   ::)
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Homegrown Tomatoes

glenn kangiser

Probably should have.... may not have....bad memory.... [crz] rofl

Whitlock

Quote from: glenn kangiser on November 17, 2008, 11:13:30 AM
Probably should have....[crz] rofl

Problem with this scenario Glenn, is Sassy could take you out easily I'm sure. And with all that junk you carry around in you pockets and on your belt your center of gravity is way off. heh
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

glenn kangiser