What Would You Like From Santa This Year?

Started by MountainDon, December 15, 2008, 05:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

And what will you more than likely get?

I'd like a 4WD tractor with backhoe and road grading accessories.

I'll probably get a long handled shovel
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

My wife asked the same question and I will give you the same answer that I did her.  I don't need anything.  Of course that didn't fly very well.  Probably end up with a lump of coal.

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

ScottA

Jeez Don lets aim high why don't we.

I'd like an M1A match rifle.

What I'll probly get is the bills for everyone elses gifts.  ???

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

Don you can have my bills.   They have already been pre-tested. ;D

sparks

Question #1.....a bailout

Question #2.......bailing someone else out

Humbug........sparks
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

NM_Shooter

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

MountainDon

Whitlock

Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

sparks

I believe the batteries are dead in mine   d*

sparks

Homegrown Tomatoes

Q1:  I'd like to be done with all the house selling/buying business.  I'd like a little jersey cow.  A potted lemon tree would be nifty.  A  new pair of leather work gloves.  Maybe a pair of jeans that is actually long enough and doesn't have any holes...

Q2:  I don't know.  I sent DH to the mall the other day with a card we got in the mail to get a free pair of pearl earrings from a local jewelry store.  I told him not to buy anything (no purchase was necessary) but just get the earrings free and wrap them up and stick them under the tree and pretend it was his own idea.  He came back with a bag from the store after me telling him NOT TO BUY ANYTHING because of course that was the whole reason they offer the free earrings, just to get you in there so they can sell you something else.  He asked me before he went if they tried to sell him something, should he get earrings, a ring, a bracelet, or a necklace, and I told him that just because they want you to buy something doesn't mean you should.  I'm not a big jewelry person, especially since I have a baby who really likes necklaces and dangly earrings.  Anyway, he's a pushover. 

Homegrown Tomatoes

Oh, and I nearly forgot, I've been asking for a broadfork for the last four years, at least, but Santa must not have room in his sleigh or something ???

muldoon

I asked my wife to sew up 2 door snakes to help keep the drafts out of the the little shed I am working on.  Been really cold at nights in the country this year. 

If she could sew up a tractor or a backhoe I would have asked for that. 

new gloves sound nice too. 

sparks

Just got my big Christmas wish ...phone call

"Hi, Dad  I'm back home in the land of the free"

Tears...........

It's been three years.....

sparks

Redoverfarm

StinkerBell

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

peternap

Quote from: StinkerBell on December 16, 2008, 09:20:51 PM
I would like my YOUTH back.

My gift to you Stinker......
My secret to youth is to walk backwards at least 2/3 of the day. That way you move back a little over 3 days a week. Be careful. If you go back beyond birth....who knows ???

sparks

Redover, Peternap

Thank you so much for the comments. The little guy flies into Chicago Friday. (little guy- 6 foot, 190lbs)

Gonna be a box full of kleenex moment.

I'll tell him about this web site.......he'll like it.

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

NM_Shooter

Quote from: sparks on December 17, 2008, 12:42:59 AM
Redover, Peternap

Thank you so much for the comments. The little guy flies into Chicago Friday. (little guy- 6 foot, 190lbs)

Gonna be a box full of kleenex moment.

I'll tell him about this web site.......he'll like it.

This is great news.  We'll hope for a visit from him and a new user to say hello.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Homegrown Tomatoes

Sparks, I can't think of a better Christmas present either... that tops selling our house by far!
:)

Sassy

How nice, Sparks!  Have a wonderful Christmas  :)
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free