Is the Tea Party Anti-Gun

Started by peternap, September 14, 2009, 08:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Saturday Rant

http://news.oldva.org/blogroll/is-the-tea-party-anti-gun/

Just imagine planning a Civil Rights Rally...and holding it in a Ku Klux Klan Hall.

Boy howdy, think how surprised those folks looking to enforce their rights under God and the United States Constitution, would be, when they're greeted by a gentleman with a hood on his head and a noose in his hand and a smile on his face. Nothing like good planning.

Today, I briefly attended the off site Washington D.C. Tea Party. It was held at Bailey's Pub and Grille in Chesterfield.

As most readers know, I am or was, a strong supporter of the Richmond Tea Party. I've done photo stories on several of them.

The last one was at the Chesterfield Fairgrounds. Great location...except for one little detail. They closed all the Fairground parking lots to everyone but persons actually working there, and the only other parking was at the school across the street.

And you ask, what's the problem? Well, it's illegal to bring a firearm onto school property in Virginia. CHP holders may leave the weapon in their vehicle but common folks can't even do that. Violation is one of those major, gonna get you arrested and thrown in a cell with Big Bubba, kind of laws.

Did the Tea Party Care....Hell no! One can pass over one little error like that as Purdy Stoopid, but forgivable.

Enter today's faux pas. The off site rally was held at Bailey's which is so anti gun, it's foaming at the mouth. See todays story about my adventures in Baileyland.
Bailey's Pub and Grille.. A Haven for Criminals ?

After my encounter with the Manager at the door, I went back to the Rally and spotting this Gentleman, whom looked important, I aked "Who's in charge here"?  He acknowledged he was.

I asked him why they would choose to promote an anti gun establishment. He said they weren't anti gun, they just didn't want any guns in here.

Well hush my mouth...just how in hell does that make any sense? So I asked, "Is that the best answer you can come up with?"

Obviousely busy counting heads, he said "Look Call VCDL".

I told him I was a VCDL member and as of the last meeting, we still had our guns on.

His reply before he turned and snipped away..."Tell VCDL to pick the place next time".

Now I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but that boy ain't right!  My conclusion is that the Richmond Tea Party just flat doesn't give a damn about gun rights. There's no other explanation!

I invite the Tea Party to explain these two lapses in judgment. I'll happily print them.

Until then

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Pox Eclipse

Here's an interesting video taken at the Tea Party demonstration in Washington last Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y

Some real thought provoking comments, I think.

peternap

It is thought provoking Pox. Not sure everyone would like my thoughts though.

I am actually delighted to see the sheer numbers the Tea Parties are able to draw. Takes me back to the 60's and 70's when we were concerned....

I also remember that era when so many people had no idea what the hell we were concerned about. One of the most unpleasant memories, is of people spitting on returning solderers. People were angry, but not sure who they should be angry at or why.

There's no question the reporter was trying to make them look stupid. He did a good job and to a certain degree, he was correct. Our Government has become so complicated and overbearing, It's impossible to know all the particulars or even have a good grasp of the situation we currently have.

On top of that, the doomsdayers have fed folks so much BS, it's hard to separate the real problems from the hype. I'm surprised someone didn't accuse aliens of taking over the Government. Intergalactic aliens that is. ;D

We do need change! We are on the fast track to Hell  IMO...but the solution in my opinion is smaller government. We need to allow Americans to
do what we always did best. Run business, produce quality products and do so without being bankrupted by over regulation and taxes.

How to do it....I think most of us know!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Pox Eclipse

I don't think the interviewer had to try to make them look stupid.  He didn't ask any trick questions, he just asked what their signs meant, or for more explanations about what they were protesting.  When they opened their mouths, they revealed their anger really had no more depth than the bumper stickers they had been fed by Glenn Beck and others. 

The biggest threat to America is the lack of critical thinking, and the willingness to believe whatever ominous threat someone on TV shouts at at them.  People need to demand proof of extraordinary claims, and think for themselves, instead of just parroting talking points that they really haven't thought about.

peternap

Quote from: Pox Eclipse on September 17, 2009, 08:53:55 AM
I don't think the interviewer had to try to make them look stupid.  He didn't ask any trick questions, he just asked what their signs meant, or for more explanations about what they were protesting.  When they opened their mouths, they revealed their anger really had no more depth than the bumper stickers they had been fed by Glenn Beck and others. 

The biggest threat to America is the lack of critical thinking, and the willingness to believe whatever ominous threat someone on TV shouts at at them.  People need to demand proof of extraordinary claims, and think for themselves, instead of just parroting talking points that they really haven't thought about.

We're not very far apart in our thinking...except for the interviewer. He knew the answers he' get before he asked the questions.

And yes, you do know how change will have to take place. Now, how do you convince the masses to effectively make changes instead of making silly accusations and demands?
There is a very old way to hunt antelope. Tie a rag on a stick and hide. The antelope will stand around trying to figure out why in Hell someone tied the rag there. Somehow I think the government finds the rag idea is amusing.  ::)

Virginia Gent

Is that the Bailey's that is behind, a bit, of Chesterfield Town Center? The one in the little strip shopping center with the Outback, Sheetz, and that car wash place? My brother and I were thinking about eating there but then decided on just going to Mongolian Grill instead. You should check that place out next time Peter. I've carried in there with no problem.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
~Thomas Jefferson~

peternap

That' the one Gent!

I don't go to Chesterfield often. Just a little piece I have to cross when I am driving back and forth between the farm and the burbs.