this video or image has been moved or deleted photobucket

Started by devildog, October 18, 2009, 12:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devildog

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

fishing_guy

It would not be CP.  It could be the original poster (didn't like the photo, replaced it by a newer one), or it could be photobucket (Account expired, flagged photo, server down). 
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

waggin

I just set up my Photobucket account last night.  When I added folders to sort/categorize, I dragged/dropped initial photos into them, and it screwed things up.  There's probably a correct way to do it to maintain link integrity, but I didn't do it & had to go back to my post & redo image links.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. (Red Green)

devildog

some of my pics(3) just dropped off of my thread ,thats the reason I asked .All the rest are fine.Its the same account.

Ive also seen this on other threads and wondered what caused that.
Darrell
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.

glenn kangiser

Usually it's when the owner deletes them in Photobucket.  I don't recall losing any there.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

diyfrank

If you move a picture to a different spot in your album or to a different album, you have to repost any posts you may of that picture. It will break the link.
Home is where you make it

MountainDon

FRank's right on. If the photo is moved on the photobucket site, it's as good as being deleted when it comes to any of the links to the original. They do not have a smart mov e system in place. I believe the same can be said for any of the other image hosting services.

I've never had an image go permanently awol without me doing something I should not have.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

devildog

Thanks for your replies. Now that I think about it, I may have posted those pics on another thread. So ,I guess it deleted them from the origanal one.
Darrell

glenn kangiser

You should be able to use it in multiple places with the same address as long as you don't move or delete it.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.