Sick or not, I went shopping

Started by peternap, January 21, 2009, 09:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I made a little money in the market today. Everything I bought testerday afternoon went up thirty cents or more. Soooo, I went out and bought a bottoming plow for some of the rough land I have.

I think this is the year I need to plant MORE than the bears can eat.

I also got my glasses. Nice to be able to see again.
On the way to get the plow, we stopped at an antique shop we go to once in a while. We wanted to get a shade for one of the Aladdin lamps. They had a shade, a couple interesting oil lamps for a good price and another Aladdin. They didn't know what it was and had 60.00 on it. It was in good shape too.
I took them all up to pay and the lady at the counter dropped the chimney to the Aladdin. I fussed and got the lamp for 30.00. I also have several spare chimneys.

Then off to Ag Supply. Got the plow and headed home, getting sicker by the minute.   
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

Don't get sick, Peter.  Thats not good. 

Your idea of needing to plant more this year is a good one I think. 

That is part of the reason we are upgrading our solar power system.  More garden.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peternap

Too late Glenn. I have a roaring case of flu and so does Jane. >:(

I just took my sugar readings though and that's the good news. 113. With a couplee of exceptions, it has stayed between 85 and 115 for nearly a week. That's really thanks to everyone here.

Monday was my first day as a card carrying lobbyist, and I went to lunch with a group of politival people. We went to a Chinese restaurant and I ate something I shouldn't have. It jumped to 150 but I got it down by using the stairs instead of the elevators.

Then I skipped breakfast and lunch one day and it dropped. I don't know how low but I nearly passed out and Jane told me, I was acting like I was drunk. A half a glass of orange juice and a meal cured that.

I think I can handle a little flu after that ;D
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

Bad on the flu but good on the diabetes, Peter.  It is great to see you doing better on that.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Peter, I am so glad to hear that your blood sugar is staying better under control... I sure wouldn't skip a meal even if it is a little high, though... just eat a handful of nuts or an egg or something, because as you found out, low sugar isn't good either!  Too bad about the flu, though....hope you're over it soon.  If we were nearby, I'd bring you a big pot of chicken stew.