Christmas Tree

Started by sparks, December 21, 2007, 11:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

Hi Folks, We got a real tree this year. Had a fake one for the last five years. The real one smells more like Christmas........like the ones I used to know. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!   ....Sparks
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

glenn kangiser

Remember to give it water in case you get any Sparks---

I know -- not very funny.  Have a good holiday.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

We've had the same artificial tree for something like 15 years. Still looks alright. To confuse visitors this year I've been placing sawn off slabs of ponderosa pine under the tree.  ;D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

I too opted for an artificial tree about three years ago. Had always bought balled blue spruce about 6' tall. It was always a gamble whether it would make it or not when I tried to plant in January or February(latest). Out of eight I only managed to salvage 5.  Then the cost got so darn high I had enough. $70 for the last one.  I am not one to just cut a tree and throw it away, Against my principles. If I am going to cut a tree then there had better be a good amount of board feet to work with.

tanya

We got so far a long int he season this year I finally told the kids we weren't having a tree and they decided to go getone.  Itis about 7 feet high the star touches the roof.  When it is taken down I plan to strip the bark and turn it into a coat tree.  I have coats on the back of every chair inthis house especially when the kids are home a nice coat tree is what wee need.  I will jsut trim the branches, cut them back to about 4 inches leaving the stronger ones for haning coats on.  I will probably take the branches off one side to make it fit in a corner.  Usually I stick the tree in a snow bank outside and decorate it with toast cut outs dipped in p-nut butter and honey and rolled in bird seeds for the birds.  Then in the summer it becomes firewood for the camp fire. 
Peresrverance, persistance and passion, keys to the good life.