General > General Forum

PhotoBucket Change of Service Terms Affects CountryPlans Forum (July 1, 2017)

<< < (2/12) > >>

NathanS:
Just posting a test image from google photo. I think some users have successfully been posting from there, it is not user friendly, though.

I added this photo to a shared album, and then from that shared album, I right clicked the image and selected copy image address.

Image is loading from Chrome Incognito mode, would like to know if you all can see as well.

SouthernTier:
My understanding is that those links are just temporary and don't last.  I guess we will find out in a couple days ;-)

All my links in my project threads (and yes, will start building this year!  Will probably be hoping for your comments Nathan since I am in NYS, too) are from google photos, so I was doing a lot of research on this.

For example: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39508631/how-to-get-direct-permanent-link-to-public-image-on-google-photos

Adam Roby:

--- Quote from: NathanS on July 03, 2017, 08:34:10 AM ---...would like to know if you all can see as well.

--- End quote ---

Nope... just a circle with a bar through it.

hpinson:
Saw it for awhile, then just the circle with bar through it.

NathanS:
Yeah looks like SouthernTier was spot on, it lasted a few hours and doesn't work anymore. The link to stackoverflow says as much. The Google Archive doesn't seem like a great long term option either.

In some ways all this doesn't surprise me. The internet is not the same place it used to be, everything is being amalgamated and and billions of dollars are being spent on monetizing everything into a perverse customized billboard.

Imgur is a good option for now, wouldn't surprise me if that changes in the future. Otherwise Don P suggested somewhere paying for your own web host, which would be the safest option. This really all does put a new perspective on 'cloud storage.' Definitely need to read the small print.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version