Is Obama proposing a new American 'Gulag' ?

Started by Windpower, May 22, 2009, 11:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

That's what it sounds like to me

and Also to Vincent Warren, Executive Director of the Center for Constitutional Rights

http://revolutionarypolitics.com/?p=756
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

ScottA

It's over baby. The republic is already toast. Welcome to Amerika.

Pox Eclipse

peternap

Quote from: Pox Eclipse on May 22, 2009, 07:39:58 PM
Really?  You still have your guns...

Not me..I turned my duck gun at a gun buy back, ;D

Hail to the chief [slap]

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

Looks like some of the people and some of the veterans who this admin called terrorists, may not go for it....
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

I stopped to see my covert ops buddy the other day and asked him again about the shackle trains.  He said he knows two people who welded shackles in them.  I trust this guy - He is not a wacko.  He is dead serious.

Here is a recent link to some discussion on some of this.  I don't follow it much but maybe it will give you an idea of what others think -- have seen -- think they have seen or whatever -- weigh it for yourself.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message498197/pg11

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/04/ED5OUPQJ7.DTL

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: Pox Eclipse on May 22, 2009, 07:39:58 PM
Really?  You still have your guns...

...and you don't... :)

I may look for one some day --- this looks like it could get serious... d*

Pox Eclipse

Quote from: glenn kangiser on May 23, 2009, 09:25:23 AMI stopped to see my covert ops buddy the other day and asked him again about the shackle trains.  He said he knows two people who welded shackles in them.  I trust this guy - He is not a wacko.  He is dead serious.

Here is a recent link to some discussion on some of this.  I don't follow it much but maybe it will give you an idea of what others think -- have seen -- think they have seen or whatever -- weigh it for yourself.
I have weighed it, and found it wanting.  Where is the proof?  A friend of a friend?  If we set the bar that low, we will allow ourselves to believe all sorts of nonsense, like chemtrails and the moon landing hoax.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

phalynx

I agree.  Tis a stretch at best.  Not to mention,,,, 102K box cars?  That would be approximately 10% of all cars...   Shouldn't be too hard to spot if it were real.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: Pox Eclipse on May 23, 2009, 04:26:13 PM
Quote from: glenn kangiser on May 23, 2009, 09:25:23 AMI stopped to see my covert ops buddy the other day and asked him again about the shackle trains.  He said he knows two people who welded shackles in them.  I trust this guy - He is not a wacko.  He is dead serious.

I have weighed it, and found it wanting.  Where is the proof?  A friend of a friend?  If we set the bar that low, we will allow ourselves to believe all sorts of nonsense, like chemtrails and the moon landing hoax.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

I agree that it needs more proof, but we must remember that the people of Germany had their eyes closed and did not believe it was happening until it was over with.  It was too much for them to believe - they couldn't be that bad--- they went along willingly.

The Haliburton Concentration Camps are real as admitted by Haliburton regarding their $385 million dollar contract - OK so not called concentration  camps specifically but they meet all of the same specs.

Sassy

Just got a chance to watch the newscast.  Whew, leaves me a bit speechless.  If people complained about GWB, how can they not see what Obama is proposing  ???
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

They are both directed by the same puppetmasters, hence the same ultimate goals.

Windpower

Quote from: glenn kangiser on May 23, 2009, 09:25:23 AM
I stopped to see my covert ops buddy the other day and asked him again about the shackle trains.  He said he knows two people who welded shackles in them.  I trust this guy - He is not a wacko.  He is dead serious.

(http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message498197/pg11)
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/04/ED5OUPQJ7.DTL

I am on my other computer right now because my main one contracted the "Spyware Protect 2009" malware virus

This is a very serious virus program

I have gotten lots of malware from this forum website (godlike productions)

I strongly recomend staying away

I am not sure if it came from the above RED highlighted link but I have good reason to think so

I think I got it when I downloaded a bit of text from one of the posts

If you get the popup   "Spyware Protect 2009"

DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS IT WILL DOWN LOAD EVEN MORE BAD STUFF

http://www.malwarehelp.org/spyware-protect-2009-analysis-and-removal-2009.html

phalynx

That is a real PITA spyware.  I have gotten it from Drudge before.  It is a "covert advertiser" that embeds a rapid popup within it's banner that will eventually defeat popup blockers and then self install..  This is a great reason to have a Mac. :)

Pox Eclipse

Download a free copy of MalwareBytes Antimalware.  Be sure to update it before you run it.

This is the best antispyware scanner out there right now.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

phalynx

AVG is a really good free spyware and virus scanner.  You can google AVG and install it.

MountainDon

AVG is excellent. The Malwarebytes product finds malware that is frequently missed by any other software in my experience.

Also remember if you have an antivirus product installed and want to try AVG (or any other product) you are best advised to remove the first before trying the new software. Small bother, but usually necessary.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Windpower

It's increasingly evident that Obama should resign
Text size   
Ted Rall
The State Journal Register
June 2, 2009
We expected broken promises. But the gap between the soaring expectations that accompanied Barack Obama's inauguration and his wretched performance is the broadest such chasm in recent historical memory. This guy makes Bill Clinton look like a paragon of integrity and follow-through.

Obama is useless. Worse than that, he's dangerous.   

From health care to torture to the economy to war, Obama has reneged on pledges real and implied. So timid and so owned is he that he trembles in fear of offending, of all things, the government of Turkey. Obama has officially reneged on his campaign promise to acknowledge the Armenian genocide. When a president doesn't have the nerve to annoy the Turks, why does he bother to show up for work in the morning?

Obama is useless. Worse than that, he's dangerous. Which is why, if he has any patriotism left after the thousands of meetings he has sat through with corporate contributors, blood-sucking lobbyists and corrupt politicians, he ought to step down now — before he drags us further into the abyss.

I refer here to Obama's plan for "preventive detentions." If a cop or other government official thinks you might want to commit a crime someday, you could be held in "prolonged detention." Reports in U.S. state-controlled media imply that Obama's shocking new policy would only apply to Islamic terrorists (or, in this case, wannabe Islamic terrorists, and also kinda-sorta-maybe-thinking-about-terrorism dudes). As if that made it OK.

In practice, Obama wants to let government goons snatch you, me and anyone else they deem annoying off the street.

Preventive detention is the classic defining characteristic of a military dictatorship. Because dictatorial regimes rely on fear rather than consensus, their priority is self-preservation rather than improving their people's lives. They worry obsessively over the one thing they can't control, what George Orwell called "thoughtcrime" — contempt for rulers that might someday translate to direct action.

Locking up people who haven't done anything wrong is worse than un-American and a violent attack on the most basic principles of Western jurisprudence. It is contrary to the most essential notion of human decency. That anyone has ever been subjected to "preventive detention" is an outrage. That the president of the United States, a man who won an election because he promised to elevate our moral and political discourse, would even entertain such a revolting idea offends the idea of civilization itself.

Obama is cute. He is charming. But there is something rotten inside him. Unlike the Republicans who backed George W. Bush, I won't follow a terrible leader just because I voted for him. Obama has revealed himself. He is a monster, and he should remove himself from power.

A d v e r t i s e m e n t

"Prolonged detention," reported The New York Times, would be inflicted upon "terrorism suspects who cannot be tried."

"Cannot be tried." Interesting choice of words.

Any "terrorism suspect" (can you be a suspect if you haven't been charged with a crime?) can be tried. Anyone can be tried for anything. At this writing, a Somali child is sitting in a prison in New York, charged with piracy in the Indian Ocean, where the U.S. has no jurisdiction. Anyone can be tried.

What they mean, of course, is that the hundreds of men and boys languishing at Guantánamo and the thousands of "detainees" the Obama administration anticipates kidnapping in the future cannot be convicted. As in the old Soviet Union, putting enemies of the state on trial isn't enough. The game has to be fixed. Conviction has to be a foregone conclusion.

Why is it, exactly, that some prisoners "cannot be tried"?

The Old Grey Lady explains why Obama wants this "entirely new chapter in American law" in a boring little sentence buried a couple of paragraphs past the jump and a couple of hundred words down page A16: "Yet another question is what to do with the most problematic group of Guantánamo detainees: those who pose a national security threat but cannot be prosecuted, either for lack of evidence or because evidence is tainted."

In democracies with functioning legal systems, it is assumed that people against whom there is a "lack of evidence" are innocent. They walk free. In countries where the rule of law prevails, in places blessedly free of fearful leaders whose only concern is staying in power, "tainted evidence" is no evidence at all. If you can't prove that a defendant committed a crime — an actual crime, not a thoughtcrime — in a fair trial, you release him and apologize to the judge and jury for wasting their time.

It is amazing and incredible, after eight years of Bush's lawless behavior, to have to still have to explain these things. For that reason alone, Obama should resign.

http://www.infowars.com/its-increasingly-evident-that-obama-should-resign/

pagan

I remember seeing an interview with Dick Cheney during the election and he was asked about the laws passed during the Bush administration being unconstitutional. He stated that the new administration would be happy about these laws and would use them accordingly. Something along those lines, but it certainly appears as though he was right on target, unlike when he goes hunting.

waggin

Windpower,

Good article.

Leading up to the election, when Obama reversed his promise to vote against the revised FISA bill, that was my big "uh-oh" revelation.  Since then, he has shown his true corporatist governance bent.  In a way, he's a neocon's wet dream: he promised all sorts of change, got massive amounts of passionate support, yet is continuing all of the disastrous policies from prior administrations.  It's a win-win for the neocons, since they can bash him for everything that he does, even though it's predominantly policy that was started under their own regimes.  And he still has an incredibly high approval rating.  People believe in him and still passionately support him, yet he has changed nothing!  The longer nothing changes, the worse the damage is, and the less chance we have to recover.  This applies to our economy and our society.  It's good to see that someone else is questioning what's happening.  Too many sheeple are only getting their info from the info-tainment media who spoon feed what they want us to believe.  What happened to critical thinking?  "Baaah, sure I'll take the RFID chip implant; where are my feed pellets and big screen TV?"

Glenn,

The http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/04/ED5OUPQJ7.DTL article is excellent, and I wish more people were aware of just how long the preparations for the war on "us" has been going on. 
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. (Red Green)