Kidney Stones Suck Big Time!!

Started by Willy, June 09, 2008, 05:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willy

Well the VA Hospital blasted my kidney stones apart and I am passing them. Had to go to the emergency room for IV Pain Meds and morphien to deal with the pain!! I have passed over 30 of them so far and there is a 6mm one stuck in a tube that they said has to pass even if I don't like it! That is around 1/4 inch and so far the biggest one was just over 1/8" and I wanted to tear brackets off the wall when it shot out the end. More pain meds the better so I can deal with having this baby real soon! Glad this was done after I built the cabin cause it will be a while before I do any work around here again. Mark

sparks

Hear you loud and clear there Willy. Went through them in '04. I feel your pain!

Just remember: this too shall pass  :D
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

peternap

Quote from: sparks on June 09, 2008, 05:38:27 PM
  Hear you loud and clear there Willy. Went through them in '04. I feel your pain!

Just remember: this too shall pass  :D

Damn...I was gonna say that ;D

Sorry Mark, been there but not that BIG. :-\
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Homegrown Tomatoes

I've heard that that is about the closest comparable pain to childbirth, but generally at least with having a baby, it is over in a few hours or days at the most!  Maybe you should ask them if they can just give you an epidural?   ;D  No, seriously, though I hope you're feeling better soon!

Sassy

We have patients come in all the time with kidney stones - they are not happy campers!  Takes a lot of pain medication to help make them comfortable...  hopefully you are doing better!
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

I once had the rolling stones. 

I know -- not funny. [crz]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.