holding my breath until noon

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, December 29, 2008, 12:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernsis

Homegrown, from experience at the closing table, that sounds like good news. Buyers have a lot of paperwork to sign and it takes awhile. Holding my breath.
Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Hour and eight minutes, looks good.  Yes, I remember the MOUNTAIN of paperwork when you're buying!  It's not so bad when you're the one selling... just a few sheets, but buying is a different matter.  And that's just if they started on time... I remember the title company wasn't ready when we got there for our closing on that house, and we had to wait an hour before they were ready to let us start signing away. 

Homegrown Tomatoes

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!  IT'S FINALLY SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScottA

southernsis

That is the best news I have heard. Now I can go outside and work, I couldn't leave the computer till I heard. I am so happy for you. Now you can get the place you want. Great end of the year for you.
Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

John_C

A great way to close out the year!  Everybody do the dance...

Homegrown Tomatoes

THANKS EVERYONE!  I'M DOING THE DANCE... YOU JUST CAN'T SEE.  GOD IS GOOD.

NM_Shooter

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

gandalfthegrey

Woo Hoo!     c*  Beer all around. [cool]
Bad Wolf

StinkerBell

Homegrown Tomatoes

I'm still a little in shock, myself!  Shoot, I'm ready to pack and get out of this mouse-infested rental right now.

StinkerBell

So it now MY TURN!

1880 +/- hours and still no offer on my home!

heh

glenn kangiser

Cool, Homey... Everything is better now and I see sunshine ahead...      [sunny]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Homegrown Tomatoes

Quote from: StinkerBell on December 31, 2008, 04:49:25 PM
So it now MY TURN!

heh
Pray hard Stink.  It can happen, though... might not be the way you think it should.  Hope you'll have an easier time of it than we did!

Dog

Now you start on your new place :)
The wilderness is a beautiful thing for the soul. Live free or die.

StinkerBell

Quote from: Homegrown Tomatoes on December 31, 2008, 11:57:03 PM
Quote from: StinkerBell on December 31, 2008, 04:49:25 PM
So it now MY TURN!

heh
Pray hard Stink.  It can happen, though... might not be the way you think it should.  Hope you'll have an easier time of it than we did!

Thanks HT

Jens

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

If I were closer, we'd come help you build and plant!
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

considerations

I have a deep seated revulsion for real estate transactions.  I feel your pain.  I'd rather have another baby.

Glad you made it through to the other side. If nothing else, you've learned how to squeeze the seller.  Now you are fully briefed on how to get the best deal you can on the house you are buying!  ;D

Homegrown Tomatoes

Well, we made an offer yesterday.  We'll see what happens.  Their realtor was off to his family Christmas get-together, so he said he wouldn't give them the offer until today. Anyway, hopefully we'll hear something this afternoon.  They are both teachers, so they are probably still off work until Monday.  As I told Glenn, we had to make an offer after their little Sheltie kept following us around.  Finally, I looked at her tag, which had her name on it-- Sassy.  ;)  They must be alright.

As soon as I told the girls that the house in WI was finally officially sold, they asked if we could move into the "new house" (yes, the one we hadn't even made an offer on until yesterday.)  They were wanting to pack immediately.  My husband wandered off into the woods there yesterday and got completely turned around and lost, much to our amusement.  It took him 20 minutes to find his way back to the house, and then it was only because the kids kept hollering for him from about 30 yards into the wooded part of the property.  We also found out a good surprise in the barn... I hadn't noticed before that the barn had plumbing out to it.  There is a freeze proof spigot in the barn, very convenient and saves us some work... I was already counting on having to dig water lines out to or near the barn!

Anyway, now it is just a matter of time until we work something out and get a new place... very exciting.  Definitely the right way to start out the new year!  (One of my resolutions was to buy land, so well on my way to getting that one done!  See you have to put a few things on your list that you know are going to happen!)

glenn kangiser

Now we will have to hold our breath... :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Well, they haven't owned the house very long, and apparently they've been watching a lot of HGTV where they think that they can flip the house and make twice what it's worth.  We got a really lousy counter from them yesterday.  They obviously don't understand that "pretty" and "done right" are two different things.  However, rather than walk away, we'll counter again today with more money.  The funny thing is that they are in denial that there are wiring things done dangerously wrong all inside the house, and they refuse to fix the garage wiring which is far worse.  After hearing yesterday that they tried to claim one place where there is exposed wire that they claimed it is just 'computer cable' ??? (It is obviously wiring to an outlet, not anything to do with the computer.) we decided we don't want to ask them to fix ANYTHING because we're afraid of what their definition of fixed would be.  There are junction boxes in the plenum, and exposed wire crammed through sheet rock in more than one place.  I think the house probably wasn't wired at all before they bought it...it seems to have been built as just a little cabin, and probably a lot of the cooking was done on the wood stove.  However, if you're going to put wiring in, put more than a ten watt fixture in the bedrooms (caves) and the kitchen needs something brighter than a burned out fluorescent.  Ah well, we we were desperate to sell; as much as we want to buy something soon and move in, there is a lot of comfort in the fact that we aren't desperate. ;)