12 x 20 rough sawn pine building in Chapin

Started by sailingseahag1968, April 19, 2009, 08:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sailingseahag1968

Hi all,

I have been working on a small building that I want to turn into a home. It is a 12 x 20 rough sawn pine sided building with 2 lofts. It has been alot of hard work. Starting with raw land, a mobile home that needed to be taken apart pc by pc and burned, dumped or recycled and the 2 boats someone dumped off on my property that I cut up with a sawzall.

The building has only been in progress now about a month. Only working when Warren and I have spare time. I laid shingles this weekend for the first time and doing it from inside the building all I can say it thank goodness for snapping a chalk line. Warren is the real builder behind the project and is allowing me to help.  Besides, who can turn down free good help :) I think I may end up making one loft instead of 2 for my daughter and add a 12 x 14 bedroom off the back and a bathroom on the creekside.  I have been looking at small wood stoves as a heat source.

I guess I am looking for some interior ideas for small spaces.  Any experience or wisdom is wanted.  I have not decided what to do as far as electric or plumbing.  Basically this will start out being utility free =-)  I even built a composting toilet already. I have a condo on the market and have a 31ft airstream that will be used as temp shelter. 

I am included a few pics.

Tracy in Columbia/Chapin SC

sailingseahag1968

Hmmmm :-[ not sure what I did with those pics..
This time I will try as adding them as a link.  See if that works.

Hope this works!

ED: added img tags to url.  sailingseahag1968... when you select and copy from photobucket, select/copy from the IMG which should be the 4th choice, at the bottom. Setting the image size to 800 wide makes it easier for folks with smaller screens to see. --MD

BobHHowell

Looks great !!

If you want to embed the images, you can place the link between the image tags.  Click on the second icon from the right on the bottom row of icons.  It is the icon right below the italics icon.

Step 1:
Copy the link of the picture you want to display.

Step 2:
Click on the image icon. 

This will place the image tags in your message body with the cursor in between the tags.

Step 3:
Paste the link -- which will be between the tags since that is where the cursor is.

Redoverfarm

sailingseahag1968 looks good from here.  Are you going to put batten strips on the adjoined siding?  The rough sawn will probably dry and seperate and create gaps later down the road.

Pritch

Hi Tracy,

The place looks great.  I hope that commode isn't "rough sawn!"   :)

-- Pritch
"The problem with quotes from the internet is that they're not always accurate." -- Abraham Lincoln

sailingseahag1968

Of course the toilet is rough sawn....But then I used my palm sander and cleaned it up a bit on the rough edges  ;)