My 15.75 x 30 Jemez Cabin

Started by MountainDon, December 20, 2006, 02:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Quote from: MountainDon on August 16, 2022, 05:13:41 PMThe bigger logs will become beams and such at the pueblo sawmill. Medium size straight logs will become vigas, used in many upscale NM homes. Some smaller and sawn-off waste will become wood stove pellets, also at the pueblo. A quantity is being laid across the slopes to help slow erosion.

We're back early today. Rains, big rains, threaten and the road in gets damaged easily now from the extreme runoff from the burn scar. We have a meeting scheduled with the FS and neighbors as it is the FS road. The runoff from the burned areas is also causing problems in a developed area between us and the highway. Hopefully, a solution is found soon.

This fire may have been caused by the FS not tending to February slash burns south of us where a lot of thinning had been done over the winter. The report is still not out. If the FS is at fault remedies will be faster coming.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

OlJarhead

d* Darn them!  I agree 100% on forest management by the way!  I'm trying to get our place under control and spent the weekend up there getting dirt work done and thinning...got a new battery powered chainsaw I'll review on my channel today:  hint, it's awesome! Worth every penny so far.

Now, get yourself a Rubi and put some suspension under and you'll never worry about the road washouts again! ha!