Getting ready to start laying the subfloor! YEAH!

Started by pioneergal, November 30, 2005, 11:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneergal

We have waited anxiously to begin this phase .

In the morning we are going to get our plywood to start laying our subfloor.....
We've managed to get a couple of free days to begin this project

On some days I wonder ....what have we done.....we'll never get this completed!
Then we step back to take a look at our handiwork and we're amazed at what has been accomplished in such a short time while working only on weekends and holidays.

We are doing this out of pocket , like Jimmy Cason, we want to stay away from a mortgage if possible.
So it 's likely to take us a while to have a completed project.

Our main concern at the moment is that it may be about 6- 8 weeks before we get the house completely dried in and that puts us at about Feb. 1st.

What are some of your thoughts about protection from the elements during this time?

We are in North Central Texas ...... 45 minutes NW of Fort Worth.

Thanks,

Jackie

glenn-k

Here are some thoughts from the old forum - I don't know how long thiis link will be good but it will get you there for now.  It is one of the threads that didn't get here.

http://countryplans.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=01;action=display;num=1126264810;start=8#8

Be sure to hit your back button on your browser to get back here to the new forum before posting a new message.

peg_688

My thought's exactly Glenn , you are so quick  :)  Glad you got it done before I tried to figure out how :D  Also glad I just didn't post right behind you after a long battle to get er done  :o PEG

glenn-k

We're still trying to figure out a decent way to get these lost postings over here.

peg_688

BTW I like the backgnd a lot better before I log in  :-?Will the logged in font and screen look like that some day ;D I hope  :-/PEG

Jimmy_Cason

I Don't think you have to worry about rain this year in North Texas.
Although, Murphy's Law is always in effect.
No rain for two months at my site.
This past Saturday after I built my perimeter walls And didn't cover it up,  IT RAINED... and we had those 50 mph winds all day!  

:)           :)           :)           :)           :)           :)
Be sure to do the mandatory, I have a sub-floor dance on the platform when you are done!
I did the "Carlton Dance" from the Fresh Prince of Bel air on mine!

Bouncer

You can use the blue tarps. Just make sure you have the middle raise so the rain will run off the sides.

pioneergal

Thanks Genn for the link to the old forum.

I made a trip back to the site and remembered reading it sometime in the past........great information!

Thanks to everyone, Peg, Jimmy, Kevin, and to all those that I failed to mention your name..........
A great big thanks to such a great group of people who are always so kind to take the time to read and give advice to this novice.

Your comments and advice are always welcome.

We got the plywood yesterday and was very pleased with the quality.
It was late when we got home so we covered it with a tarp for the night and DH is out this morning with a friend unloading it in our barn.

We are anxious to get started but because of conflicting events  ( [LSU vs. georgia) it may be next weekend before we get started.

Amanda_931

Don't see any signs of it but we're supposed to get lots of rain tomorrow--nothing on the national radar, still clear, barometer's still up.  I thought it was heading from y'all.

But if you get that (there's even mention of the [size=18]S-word[/size]) football sounds like a great idea.